Wrap-Aft Balcony Worth the $$

PineappleGal

Conchead Considering booking an aft wrap in 2011. I don't see a lounge chair in your posted photos. Did you have one and it just isn't pictured? Some aft wrap photos have them and some don't. Does anyone know if you can ask to have one or two on your deck? It sure seems like you have plenty of room for them!

PVP did confirm that afts on the Freedom had full sized sofabeds. I'd switch but the mr wants the HMC/GTurk itinerary.

I'm not saying i know any of this info to be true via 1st hand experience, just relating what the PVP told me....i'd luv to book one of the wraps on the Destiny.

keishashadow,

Based on Hill6' pictures, the furniture in Destiny's aft wraps is situated differently; the sofa is at the foot of the bed on Freedom and Liberty and appears to be in the angled corner on Destiny.

But your mr is right about the HMC and Grand Turk intinerary being worth compromising for. :)

OP u mention you have 3 in your party, so do we; which is why i didn't book one.

PVP indicated that the bedding for 3 person on all the Destiny afts is a rollaway, i can't imagine how it would fit in the odd shaped room comfortably to allow easy movement w/i the cabin area.

there are several of the wrap aft cabins w/a queen bed vs the 2 twins, maybe those would be a better fit?

a couple posters here indicated that their young children were able to sleep on the smallish sofa, won't work for my 17 yo DS though

My last cruise was on the Triumph and we had the wrap balcony, port side, Deck 6 (can't remember cabin number, sorry!). We were three, myself and DD (21) and DS (18). The cabin itself was somewhat triangle shaped, and the roll away was placed in front of the vanity. During the day, it was folded up and placed against the wall under the phone. During the evening, it was only in the way if we wanted to get in one of the drawers (we didn't). I personally LOVED the cabin and the balcony! My DD, not so much as she suffers from motion sickness, and our trip was rather choppy on Christmas Day, so she was not doing too well. I think, as far as romance goes, it would have been wonderful. I and the kids did truly enjoy it, because they had 4 chairs, 2 on the side of the ship, and 2 on the back. We spent lots of time out there, enjoying the views! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Our bed had a trundle underneath it. Your PVP was wrong.

just to verify ur cabin was #8333:)

based upon on deckplan info site that was posted here before (appears to be TA site ssssh)

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/destiny/destiny.htm

it does indicate roll-away bed/trundle accommodation, doesn't specifiy though...it's what i used to question PVP last phone call but he still insisted it was a Queen bed, no trundle:(

appears as though only 8333 & 8328 are Queens in the aft wraps on the Destiny, maybe that's the key to the 3rd person sleeping comfy?

Im going to call him again, guess it can get confusing re the configuration with all the different ships for the PVPs?

so sorry to OP, didn't mean to hijack ur thread:o; what cabin did u settle upon?

keishashadow,

The sofas are actually quite comfortable in the aft wraps that sleep three and plenty large enough for an adult. We've had several of them and though I am happy to report I've never had to sleep on the sofa, I easily could have if the DW had kicked me out of the bed. :eek:

We are a group of 3 and I looked at photos of the 8328 which is right above. Does the room above reflect the room that is below? If so I have a problem, my father normally sleeps on the rollaway.

Please advise

All this wrap-aft balcony is making me go crazy! We are book on Glory with 3 aft cabins and there is a aft wrap cabin available....but there will be a cabin between us and our friends :(

I want this aft -wrapped balcaony so bad but don't want to be separated from my friends. If only I could find out who is in that balcony room and see if they would move over 1 cabin.

I know i'm crazy!

Edited by pam8148

All this wrap-aft balcony is making me go crazy! We are book on Glory with 3 aft cabins and there is a aft wrap cabin available....but there will be a cabin between us and our friends :(

I want this aft -wrapped balcaony so bad but don't want to be separated from my friends. If only I could find out who is in that balcony room and see if they would move over 1 cabin.

I know i'm crazy!

Take the aft wrap and then have your friends come visit on your huge balcony!

fyi, i called PVP, we both spoke to a supervisor; i was told the 2 afts on deck 8 (with the Queen bed) do have the roll away - trundle type.

apparently, the Q gives u more floor space vs the other afts w/king configuration...big thanks! i upgraded:D

for those with specific questions, re deck 7 & 6 aft, u may also want to ask to speak w/supervisor to make sure u r getting the right info.

Our extended family (4 of us + MIL and FIL) shared 2 Cat-11 suites on the Legend last April. One aft-wrap (8268) and one immediately forward on the port side (8266). The suites and the balconies were awesome!!!! So much room. We had the divider opened, so we all enjoyed one HUGE balcony all week.

Well worth the extra cost IMHO. Even though we were directly beneath the Lido deck, we didn't have any problems with noise, nor did we see any of the "soot" that so many talk about.

Considered another aft-wrap for our upcoming Carnival Dream cruise, but they don't appear to be as large as those on the Legend, so we opted for 2 regular Cat-11 balcony suites.

Shipmate,i served aboard Big John back in 2003

OP u mention you have 3 in your party, so do we; which is why i didn't book one.

PVP indicated that the bedding for 3 person on all the Destiny afts is a rollaway, i can't imagine how it would fit in the odd shaped room comfortably to allow easy movement w/i the cabin area.

there are several of the wrap aft cabins w/a queen bed vs the 2 twins, maybe those would be a better fit?

a couple posters here indicated that their young children were able to sleep on the smallish sofa, won't work for my 17 yo DS though

We had an aftwrap deck 6 on the Triumph and my mother slept on the rollaway.. there was plenty of room.. the cot is put up during the day.. lots of space in the cabin;)

Conchead Considering booking an aft wrap in 2011. I don't see a lounge chair in your posted photos. Did you have one and it just isn't pictured? Some aft wrap photos have them and some don't. Does anyone know if you can ask to have one or two on your deck? It sure seems like you have plenty of room for them!

No lounger, and I didn't ask about one.

There were 2 chairs that had back that would lower. I just

propped my feet up in another chair and was good to go.

The wife did the same

lol

PVP insists that on the older Destiny, the sofas in the afts & balconies are smaller than a full size sofa (think slightly larger than love seat) & will not accommodate an adult. I had hoped for a trundle bed in one of the aft wraps on the Destiny; but he states that there are none.:(

Im not doubting what you state, just scared to book the room & have my kid's feet dangle for 5 days...what a fun trip that would be:rolleyes:. He fit nicely on the extended aft balcony ones on the Legend, that size would be perfect.

i've asked my PVP several times re the sofa on the Destiny in the wraps, he said it isn't they type an adult can sleep on comfortably and they don't book it as such:confused:. He states it's the exact same sofa in the balcony cabin i booked on the Lido deck, ergo the reason i needed to book a room w/an upper berth or go with a rollaway.

PVP did confirm that afts on the Freedom had full sized sofabeds. I'd switch but the mr wants the HMC/GTurk itinerary.

I'm not saying i know any of this info to be true via 1st hand experience, just relating what the PVP told me....i'd luv to book one of the wraps on the Destiny.

Our cabin had the small love seat, which did not make into a bed,

but I can guarantee you, my son would have gladly slept on it

just to have been on that balcony. ..Heck, I would have too.

The other convertible sofas.. they are the same as a twin.

DH and I will be on the Miracle in 3 days!!!!! We have cabin 4228 booked which is an aft-wrap. We are planning on having a sail-a-way on the balcony with many of our new friends from the roll call here on the boards. I will try to post pics when I get back. Hurry Tuesday!

fyi, re Destiny; i did do another search this weekend here & found out that the ice cream machine is directly above 8333...another poster here said it was noisy all night overhead from folks getting their fix lol.

I didn't see hill6 (who so graciously posted the pics:)) mention it as an issue w/the cabin; just thought i'd throw it out there for those in process of choosing an aft on deck 8.

• 3 years later...