New captain on Sapphire Princess

Working 2 Cruise

I just received my second email from Princess showing Captain Dagani in charge of the Sapphire Princess. Just thought you would like to know! Also, prices went up for the May 1 cruise!

His name is actually Dino Sagani! Duh, can't even read my emails! Here is his bio:

Captain Dino Sagani was born in Trieste on the North East Adriatic coast of Italy. Following the family tradition, he studied at the Nautical College in Trieste, which is one of the oldest Nautical Schools in Europe - preparing officers since 1754.

On completion of his studies, he joined the Italian Navy, serving on a minesweeper during the First Gulf War. After the Navy, he joined Princess Cruises in 1995, where he quickly climbed the ranks becoming a Staff Captain in 2003.

Since then, he has sailed on Pacific Princess, Dawn Princess, Sun Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sea Princess and Diamond Princess.

That's good to know, I wonder if he'll be the Captain on our cruise. His name sound incredibly familiar, I wonder if he was on our last Sapphire sailing as I haven't sailed the other ships. He sounds well prepared! Lol, what a switch, could you imagine, running a ship doing mine sweeps during the Gulf War, and now your the Captain of a huge cruise ship! :D

Hi, Captain Dino Sagani is the nicest , friendliest man. has a chat with the passengers on his walks around ship.... the last time I was on Dawn Princess with him in charge, he was the youngest Captain with Princess.

I think he was staff Captain when I was on Pacific Princess in 1993.

He has been on the Diamond of late.

maybe I am biased...because his beautiful wife is an Aussie...lol.

I would rate Dino Sagani with David Calabrese as my favourite Princess

Captains...

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

......what a switch, could you imagine, running a ship doing mine sweeps during the Gulf War, and now your the Captain of a huge cruise ship! :D

Small nit.... the first Gulf War was 20 yrs ago. I doubt he was "running" the ship. The bio stated he was "serving" on it (probably was 20 something at the time). ;)

Small nit.... the first Gulf War was 20 yrs ago. I doubt he was "running" the ship. The bio stated he was "serving" on it (probably was 20 something at the time). ;)

Hi there, yes he would only have been a junior onboard, because he is only in his 40's now.

kind regards, Lorraine

I don't mean to be snide or a wise guy, but does it really make a difference who the captain is? I mean, if Giovanni DiLorenzo showed up, would anyone drop the cruise? Or sign up for the cruise, for that matter.

Hi there, no, it doesn't make a difference who the Captain is , as long as he does his job.

I just like a happy Captain.

also a happy CD...who likes his job..I have been with some who wished they were anywhere but on a ship.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

I don't mean to be snide or a wise guy, but does it really make a difference who the captain is? I mean, if Giovanni DiLorenzo showed up, would anyone drop the cruise? Or sign up for the cruise, for that matter.

Sure it makes a difference.... I wouldn't want one of the RCCL or Carnival captains that plays "bumper cars" with their ships. :D

Archived