Hotel in Rome for big family

Weroff2rome

Sorry if it seems like I am spamming the boards but I am so excited and am trying to get oodles of info before we all get together this weekend. Long story short it is my husband and my 50th anniversary this June and we had decided to take a Med. cruise . Well low and behold our children and spouces want to join us in the celebration so what started out as a trip for two is now a trip for eight. I know hotels in italy are small but I was thinking of ways to help the kids cut cost. Do you think that they could have like an apartment for the six of them? Or are there hotels that would put all four rooms near each other and maybe give us a discount for so many people? If not where would you recommend we stay none of us have ever been to Italy. We are thinking two nights pre cruise and then are wondering if we need a night post or can we make it to the airport from the ship without it. I am so exicited!!!

If you are willing to stay outside of Rome, about a 20 minute train ride away, I can recommend a wonderful B&B in Postiano, called Anne's Place.

A link to the reviews on tripadvisor.com:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635624-d625173-Reviews-Anne_s_Place-Palestrina_Lazio.html

If she wasn't full, she could probably accomodate all of you, and she is just fabulous; a wealth of information, great price, including breakfast, and you'd get to see some of the countryside outside of Rome.

I see by your other posts you have lots of questions. I believe Ann and David have a large van that may hold all your group, and they will take you where you want to go. Highly recommend you send her an email with your questions. Here's her webpage:

http://www.byanne.com/

I wish I was going back! Have a great trip.

There are tons of apartments in Rome that would work just great for your family.

here are a few websites to check out

www.cyberrentals.com www.vrbo.com www.rentalinrome.com

I have found that if you don't ask for a discount (multiple rooms, cash payment or whatever) you won't ever get one :) You can always ask. That said, as I posted to you in another thread - you are going in high season....... everything will be at a premium cost.

Just as a side note: We have stayed at two hotels Hotel Mozart near the Spanish steps (nice location) and Albergo del Senato right next door to the Pantheon (even better location) I would stay at either again in a heartbeat.

For hotels try checking this website www.venere.com Put in your criteria and it will sort them for you...... really good for researching hotels.

Archived