Foster's Beach Club and Taxi

ciera123

We are considering using Island Marketing for South Shore zipline and then to Foster's Beach Club where they will pick us up a couple of hours later. My question is, are there taxis available at Foster's in case we decide to head back to the ship early (or in case they cut it closer than I feel comfortable with)???

• 1 year later...

We went to Fosters once & found that it was not the place for snorkeling. We wound up walking down the beach toward Tayabanna Beach to where the reef is located to snorkel. All we saw snorkeling at Fosters was some sea grass & we did go way out looking for the reef.

I'd pick a place further down the beach like the Mayan Princess if snorkeling is important to you.

Bill in FL

West Bay is only a mile long. No matter where you "park" yourself along the beach, snorkeling is a short walk away. Between Infinity Bay Resort and Tabyanna beach club is indeed the opening to coral where all the snorkelers go. There is often a guard in a boat feeding the fish to attract a whole lot of intersting fish, turtles etc. When fewer ships are visiting, less snorkelers= less cloudy waters and the best for picture taking.;)

OP< See this map to find Fosters (near one end) and near the other end is Tabyanna/Infinity. Figure a 7 min walk or so.

Edited by eandj

• 2 years later...

I highly recommend booking this with Ronystours.com. He has a tour(freestyle tour). You have your own private driver for the day. The price is very comparable to any tour website. The difference is - you choose how to spend the day. We love to go to South Shore Canopy - so fun. Then head down to one of the incredible beaches. He can schedule the day any way you'd like. It's nice to be able to stop if you see something interesting and come and go when you like. With the other excursions, you will be with other people and have to come and go as a group. Rony is incredible - so friendly. You will have a great day with him for sure.

We were going to Foster,s last April and ended up a very short piece down the beach at Argentine Grill. It is the same price and much nicer than Foster,s , especially the beach chairs and umbrellas.There is another AG in West End...Above poster is right about the snorkeling, down by Tabyana , and it is not very far...Foster,s would be ok , but it looked a little run down to us..I have put this photo of Argentine Grill on here several times , so I hope someone is not tired of seeing it.

SANY2343.jpg

upload pictures online

SANY2348.jpg

how do i print screen

Edited by overthehillcruiser

You are very welcome. When you get to West Bay beach you can pretty much pick and choose what looks good to you , as it not a long stroll to all the places, but for us AG was perfect. This March we are going to try Turquoise Bay resort, very uncrowded and far from West bay, so we shall see.

http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/cruise-ship-beach-day.html