Does Emerald have and Evening buffet in HC?

barberesr

I was told by Princess that Emerald does not have a dinner buffet in the HC. I just saw a post from someone that she went to the buffet for dinner. I am confused.

I have not sailed on any Princess ship in many years that didn't offer a buffet in the evening for dinner. Last time was 8 or 9 years ago on the Tahitian Princess, and even that has changed since then.

All Princess ships offer some sort of a buffet in the evening, and the larger ships it can be either the Horizon court, or the Cafe Caribe. I wonder if maybe what you read might have had something to do with the passenger going to the HC but never checked the Cafe Caribe? That would explain it.

On the Emerald, there is a dinner buffet set up in the Cafe Caribe aft of the HC. It is actually quite nice there. The lighting is dimmer and the colours are darker and warmer. The tables are set up with place mats, cutlery and wine glasses. Enjoy.:)

I was told by Princess that Emerald does not have a dinner buffet in the HC. I just saw a post from someone that she went to the buffet for dinner. I am confused.

They may not after a certain hour, but walk a bit further back and you'll be in the Cafe Carib, which is essentially the same thing.

In fact, after a show my DW was craving their delicious PB cookies. She didn't see any, so one of the cooks went to the International Cafe (down 9 decks and to the bow from the stern) and brought her back 8 of them! How's that for service? We were impressed and saw him from time to time on the cruise (Juan Jo from Mexico an asst chef) and chatted. We ended up giving him a good tip at the end of the cruise, just for being a good/friendly guy (and keeping DW flush with PB cookies).

The point is, if you don't see something you wanted or something that was available before ask one of the cooks.

Archived