Have you done the renewal of marriage vows package?

Richard Stein

My husband and I will be celebrating our silver anniversary on our cruise in June (again, 2 weeks after the actual date) and were told be both Cunard and our TA to ask for the annivesary package and to send in a copy of our marriage certificate (which we have done - eventually. After a lot of hunting!!:o). So I hope they are still doing it! I must admit though, I really hope there are no singing waiters hiding anywhere :eek:. I can't think of anything worse!!

Sarah

I really hope there are no singing waiters hiding anywhere :eek:. I can't think of anything worse!!

Sarah

Sarah, you can opt out of the singing waiters - we did, as have others.

Every evening, Britannia Restaurant is full of cringing couples subjected to this ghastly torture. Make sure you tell them you don't want it.

Mary

We renewed our vows 10 years ago on Princess in front of a Priest in their little chapel and I don't think it cost more than $25. We got a little certificate and a picture. $400 is too much on my retirement income. I will just do the Specialty restaurant for lunch that day and spring for a bottle of bubbly.

Richard glad you had a great renewing your vows onboard Princess like we did on Cunard a few years ago.

Q Step i did not say it was outrageous more that it would be nice if Cunard had kept the original vows service (which for us was fantastic) then let passengers opt for the more elaborate package if they wanted individual service. Giving passengers choice should be a good thing.

I did e-mail Cunard a long time ago when it was changed and the answer was paying was the only option, no chance of a choice.

Sorry Q Step $400 is a big decision to many people who travel on Cunard

who can only dream of grills accomodations so budget is not a friend but an enemy.

I apologise but i am from the England where we are a bit frugal (eg tipping).

I hope you have a wonderful wedding anniversary Richard.

I apologise but i am from the England where we are a bit frugal (eg tipping).

Speak for yourself! Not the rest of us.

If you want to own up to being mean, so be it. But don't tar the rest of us with that slur please.

As for the "renewal" - you should have made life long ones when you married, rather than time limited ones. I certainly did.

We renewed our vows 10 years ago on Princess in front of a Priest in their little chapel and I don't think it cost more than $25. We got a little certificate and a picture. $400 is too much on my retirement income. I will just do the Specialty restaurant for lunch that day and spring for a bottle of bubbly.

Well done, I think its wonderful that you love and commit to someone and really want to renew your vows, we have been to two of them and its wonderful to show your love in this day and age when so many dont, wont or cant-I think $400 is ok if they also offer the other package as well.

I maybe wrong here but I would ask when your on the ship the lower package could only be booked while on the ship and not before

As for the "renewal" - you should have made life long ones when you married, rather than time limited ones. I certainly did.

Perhaps 'renewal' is a misnomer and when people talk of this celebration it is more of a thanksgiving for many years of happiness together.

I do think it could be a bit of a gimmick onboard- especially now there is quite a substantial fee involved.

The one I attended onboard was a celebration conducted by a priest and the couples present all seemed to share a religious commitment so it was fitting.

I have also attended celebrations at church-again giving thanks for married life- not particularly renewal of vows.

However, I do think it is good that people would wish to recommit to each other-what's wrong with that? They are in beautiful surroundings, they are celebrating their achievements in life and, in the present day, to stay with someone for many years through all the worries and delights is a wonderful sucess.

WOW, Ive got th........drowning pulse ...talk about shake a stick what a very nice post. Habitually in the U.K. we are more prudent in tipping matters than the U.S. where service is subsidised with tips. My beautiful wife and i had a wonderful vows service onboard QM2 carried out by the resident catholic priest who made everybody feel special.

Renewal of your vows is very special to anybody who takes part so thankyou for ridiculing us .

The rest of us ? i think most passengers from the Uk would say they are frugal.. careful (mean where did that come from..made up!)

Could you answer why we cant have both options for ALL passengers.

Fred.

What they offer with the new package if you can afford it is not bad value. But as said by some people this package is out of their reach. But i agree with Heywood it is more a celebration of togetherness if you are so inclined, if not, dont worry it doesnt apply to you..dont feel pressured.

Fred.

Archived