La Paz? Can i go from Cabo? Similar Things to Do?

oceanbabe

Currently scheduled to go to Mex Riv in Sept on Mariner. Can go for $400 more on Holland to also see La Paz?? Would this be worth it? Will the surroudings and beaches be the same? Please give info so have time to switch if decide to do this. Also, would the Oosterdam be as nice as the Mariner? Appreciate any info, thanks, elaine:)

I wouldn't pay $400 to see an extra port but that's just me. I love Mexico and have cruised there 7 or 8 times now. I haven't been to La Paz but have been to Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Ixtapa/Zih., and Alcapulco. They all have their individual charm and character but I don't think I would pay an extra $400 to include another somewhat similar port. You could use that money to do a couple of really great excursions. Haven't sailed either ship mentioned so can't comment on that.

I don't see a Sept or Oct cruise for HAL that goes to La Paz. If there is a 10 day cruise to Sea of Cortez, I totally agree -- do it if you have the time and money :) La Paz is very different from the ports one usually gets on the 7 day cruises. Much less commercial, much less "touristy".

We are booked on another 10 day Sea of Cortez in Feb/11. Can't wait to go back!

Currently scheduled to go to Mex Riv in Sept on Mariner. Can go for $400 more on Holland to also see La Paz?? Would this be worth it? Will the surroudings and beaches be the same? Please give info so have time to switch if decide to do this. Also, would the Oosterdam be as nice as the Mariner? Appreciate any info, thanks, elaine:)

If that is the 10 day trip from San Diego, you also go to Topolobampo (Los Mochis) and Loreto. I liked all the ports on that trip. They are much different that Cabo because not many cruise ships visit the ports, and they are not as "touristy" as Cabo.

Hi: This cruise is Dec 18th on Holland for 8 days. Also, have more time in PV, Cabo and Mazaltan. Dont think the whales will be around at that time, but really want to see them. Thought La Paz would be more scenic than the others with better beaches? There is about a $350pp charge for this one port. Worth it? Anyone ever been to LaPaz? vs. Cabo? Thanks for any info, elaine

Archived