7 january SUMMIT experience fell far below expectations!

llmoyer123

We were actually quite happy with Prodigy. We would all go out of our way to be at the pool when they were playing. I agree about the guitar guy, Richard Towers. He was great to listen to. We would go over to the aft bar for his session at the end of the day. The only music couldn't take was the Mozart Duo. Pretty horrendous IMHO.

I heard Richard Towers on an earlier Summit cruise and agree that he's an excellent singer and guitarist. He also has an interesting website, www.richardtowers.com , with lots of photos of places he's visited on his travels. According to his site, he'll be performing on the Constellation starting in May.

Towers was great...and I thought Prodigy was the best at-sea band I've seen on 20 cruises. During the day, I found their mix of pop, R&B, reggae, and classics to be fun and diverse, and their night sets in Revelations (Bar at the End of the World now) was absolutely fantastic. The lead singer has a fantastic voice.

Sorry the cruise experience was bad. It can happen...even on the same ship where everyone else is having a great time. The majority of people seem to have excellent opinions about Celebrity, and that is what prompted me to take Summit in Nov 04 for my first Celebrity experience (20th cruise overall). Fortunately, it met or exceeded every expectation and ended up being my best cruise, the best crowd, the best food, the best band, one of the best ship layouts so far, at least a tie for best staff...and didn't disappoint in any area.

Sometimes a certain cruise, the wrong tablemates, one employee who rubs you the wrong way, a badly prepared dish, or just a chain of bad coincidences can end up tainting one person's experience despite everyone else's good time. I wouldn't reccommend avoiding the ship or the line because of that bad experience, but whatever makes you enjoy your life. The way I look at it - a Lexus may be generally viewed as an excellent and reliable car, but you might get a lemon where everything goes wrong. So should you write off Lexus as a company because of one lemon when everyone else loves them? Maybe you think so...maybe not. I'm willing to accept that flukes can occur.

Am hoping you will be aboard for the Transcanal with us in 9201. I can say we know someone ;-)

What area are you working? What other ships have you been on? Is it still 6 on 2 off?

I am a Celebrity employee and will be joining the Summit on 2/28 for 6 months. You will have an excellent time on the Summit, because I will do my best to ensure you do.

Also, anyone with questions about shiplife or the usual first time cruiser questions, feel free to ask me.

The more factual and specific a complaint, the more credible it is with me. The OP's "review" could easily have been written by someone who has never been on the ship. More details, please, about the "fiascos" at the ports, the "mundane" food, etc. How about some dates and places?

Hi Cruiser013,

My daughters and I were on the Summit in April 2004. We absolutely loved it! I hope you have a great time. My daughter was considering applying for a cruise job as a massage therapist. I just have a quick question for you, when we were on the Summit last year we made friends with the waiters and kept in touch somewhat, how can we find out what ship they are on currently? i know that you guys move around some times after vacations and such. My daughter and I are going on the Century in April and my husband and I are doing the transatlantic on the Constellation in September. I thank you for your time and good luck!!!!!

PS: if on the Summit, Ricardo for Columbia is still a waiter there, please tell him Stacey (his princess) says hi!!!:) Thank you

Archived