Cerry ... Question

PattyG12

I contacted Cerry to book him for my October cruise. He responded right away. I answered him to ask a couple questions and to see about price and he never responded. I've sent him a couple more emails without answers. Does anyone know if he's still around and doing tours? I don't want to count on him and have him not there! If you've heard from him lately, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks

Just wanted to let everyone know that I heard from Cerry. He's contacted me and we're all booked for my cruise in October. Can't wait to see Aruba and apparently he's very good. I'll let you know when I get back!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I heard from Cerry. He's contacted me and we're all booked for my cruise in October. Can't wait to see Aruba and apparently he's very good. I'll let you know when I get back!

Hi, just wanted to let you know we toured with Cerry last december and had a great time. He was very flexible (we changed our minds while out on the tour) and gave us lots of information on the local history. I would highly recommend him.

• 1 month later...

We also recently toured with Cerry on March 3. He's great. Here's our review:

Morning brought a beautiful sunrise over the Hooiberg/Haystack mountain in Aruba. Great way to start the day. As soon as the ship was cleared we exited to the awakening streets of Oranjestad to explore a little before we needed to meet with our tour guide. We had pre-arranged online a private tour with Cerry who we learned about here on CC. It had been 19 years since our last visit to Aruba, so many things had changed. Aruba is so different that the rest of the Caribbean as it is an arid, desert-like island with an array of interesting cacti and Divi Dive trees (although the beach areas do have some palm trees). We knew what natural sites we wanted to visit, so we just gave Cerry our list and he gave us a great tour. He was right on time to pick us up in his immaculate white SUV. He is very knowledgeable about the history and nature of Dutch Aruba (We learned that Aruba became a separate entity within the kingdom of the Netherlands in 1986). By leaving early, we beat a lot of the crowds at some of the popular sites. We chose to visit the California Lighthouse, the lovely little Chapel of Alto Vista and Stations of the Cross, the scenic Baby Bridge (restrooms available for 50 cents), and the Bushiribani Ruins; all of which are near the ocean and offer wonderful views and photo ops (Cerry took several pictures for us also).

Next we went to Casibari Rocks which were really crowded, where we hiked up to the overlook. You need to go thru a short rock tunnel to get to the top which gets backed up because only one direction of people traffic can fit at a time. Great 360 view from the top. Back at the bottom there are fairly empty trails amongst the “Flinstone-like” rocks to enjoy. Here we were lucky to spot one of the blue spotted Aruban Whiptail Lizard that we had read about. We ended our tour at Arashi Beach, because we wanted to go snorkeling. We really enjoyed our time with Cerry and would definitely recommend him for private touring. “You won’t be sorry with Cerry” is his motto.

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to give anyone that's interested an update. We booked Cerry for a 3 hour tour in Aruba. Never having been there before, we werent' really sure what we wanted to see. He was right where he said he would be and gave us a wonderful tour. It's not a big fancy tour but we got such a nice overview of the island. I definitely recommend him.

Archived