Lord Sheffield not available

Lorian

Very disappointed not to be able to go on the Lord Sheffield Tall Ship 2/21/05. They're booked. Anyone have any suggestions for a similar excursion or perhaps those who are on it will let me know if they cancel. Only half-kidding. Thanks.

Lori

Lori...check out this site. It's the site I originally booked Lord Sheffield. Although I booked 5 months ahead, the reservation fell thru the cracks. Both Capt. Rob and Robert (the booking agent) have been very apologetic. Perhaps Robert at this site can help you find something.

http://www.saint-martin-activities.com/index.htm?c104.htm&1

GOOD LUCK! If you are on a cruise ship, make sure you check the start and finish times of these excursions. Many didn't work for us. We ended up booking something thru our cruise ship.

Robin

You're welcome, Lori. Robert usually responded to any emails, etc.. at night. If you hear from him, tell him I sent you to his site. We've exchanged lengthy emails last week while trying to clear up my whole "ordeal" with Lord Sheffield. Nothing bad...He called my reservation in just as he should. But Lord Sheffield didn't have their 2005 calendar out so the crew member jotted it down on paper, and then never transferred my reservation (made 5 months ahead of time) to the 2005 calendar. That crew member is no longer working there. Both Robert and Capt. Rob have been very apologetic, however, I was not able to get my reservation as they were totally booked for that week. I assure you, they are making it up to me, and feel very badly about what happened. In fact, both have subsequently posted on the St. Maarten boards to insure that this sort of thing doesn't happen often. He gave me quite a few alternate suggestions, but because I am bound by the times that our cruise ship is in port, many of the options didn't work. We have since booked an excursion thru the ship for a day at the beach at the DIVI resort. Not quite the same, but I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

Let me know if you are able to get on Lord Sheffield. Seems it's harder now that word is out as to how wonderful this excursion is. GOOD LUCK!

Robin

Archived