Is there a charge for the Karaoke on FOS?

marynpaul

My question is: Is there a fee/charge for the karaoke on FOS for the individual rooms where you can try it out w/out the audience and possible make a cd for yourself? My boyfriend always wanted to try karaoke but wants to be able to hear for himself how he sounds before torturing an audience.

On Liberty OTS in 2008 our son performed Hotel California on stage at Karaoke night and was able to purchase a copy of his performance (its great because at that point in the cruise the staff knew him and you can hear their encouragements and remarks {let's see that air guitar, Chris!}). My info is a little old at this point, but as I remember you could go in a booth and perform a song, then decide if you wanted to copy it and buy it. Hopefully some more recent cruisers will have definitive answers.

I did this recently. The piano guy in the Schooner Bar asked my friend and I to sing The Rose at some point during the week. We needed to practice the harmony so we were told about the booths, just outside the On Air club.

You swipe your card, select your song, then enter the room. Then you tell it to start. There's a camera there to record you, and a monitor to read the lyrics.

At the end it asks you if you want to buy the DVD or CD. Just say NO.

Then you go outside the booth and start the process all over again. We had to sing the song a good 10 times so it got a bit monotonous to have to go out and re-search the song over and over...and you can't stop it and rewind it.

But you absolutely can stay there all day and night and always hit "NO."

:)

Archived