Question for Traveler 353 or Hdawson

airlink diva

Good eveing!!

I notice that both Traveler 353 andHdawson offer alot of good advice for Merdia.

I'm sailing to this port in April for the first time. My ship (Triumph) is there on a Monday and for a nice portion of time (7 a.m. to 4 p.m.). I've read other postings and ask a few questions,but I need for either one to tell me if this is doable for Merida.

We are looking to get off the ship around 8:30 a.m. for our day in port.

We plan to take the double decker bus tour and then return back to the bus station. From there we want to head to Merida using the download map to walk around. We also want to take the carriage ride.

After this, we want to head back to Progresso for a late lunch at La Saint Boonet (the snapper sounds yummy!!), shop for some t-shirts and head back to ship by 3:00 p.m.

Is this doable? Do we need to do Merida first and then the double decker bus later?

Airlink. If it were me, I would head to Merida first. Explore the central square, casa de montejo, city hall, state governor's bldg (including the historical paintings upstairs) and the Cathedral. Take time for a coffee, beer and/or breakfast at the sidewalk cafe on Plaza Hildago on Calle

60. Then take the carriage ride (about 50 min, 20-25 dollars per load).

Then I would head back to Progreso and le Saint Bonnet.

For any questions or pics let me know at hdawson228@aol.com

I envy you.

Airlink. If it were me, I would head to Merida first. Explore the central square, casa de montejo, city hall, state governor's bldg (including the historical paintings upstairs) and the Cathedral. Take time for a coffee, beer and/or breakfast at the sidewalk cafe on Plaza Hildago on Calle

60. Then take the carriage ride (about 50 min, 20-25 dollars per load). You can also shop in Merida.

I envy you.

60. Then take the carriage ride (about 50 min, 20-25 dollars per load).

I envy you.

Thanks! This is what I need to know! Merida first then Progreso!

I will post a review and pics for everyone to see!!

----------------

Now playing: Wayman Tisdale - Can't Hide Love

via FoxyTunes

• 1 month later...

I have another bus question for you Hdawson!

The other person that I'm traveling with is excited about my plans for Medria. However, I ran into a small snag.

She is concern about us missing the boat if the local bus makes numerous stops between Merdia and Progreso. She noticed on the Autoprogresso site that they also have bus service between the two cities. While the price is higher, she wonder if there are no stops on their buses? Also, are the bus stations in decent parts of each city? Since we are two ladies traveling alone, she just want to make sure we are not walking in an unsafe area.

I'm telling her that if we leave no later than 1:00 p.m., we should be ok.

Please give me more details about the local bus

Archived