Consuming Duty Free on the Raposdy

Goodyab

Hi....

I have tried to search a answer for this question but couldn't find one.....I am hoping someone can help me..

Can you consume your duty free alcohol once you are out to sea on the Rapsody ? Plus

Is there a ATM on Board and if so does give (spit) out USD.s?

thanks heaps (im sure i will have lots more to ask down the track)

Cheers

Angie

Sorry, you can't consume your duty free. If you buy onboard they will keep until the last night (you could drink it then) or if you bring it on they will "confiscate" it until the last night too.

I think there is an atm onboard and there was a fee to use it. Sorry can't be definite. You can get a cash advance off your cruisecard but they charge a 3% premium to get the advance.

RCL have the harshest alcohol rules on any of the cruises we have been on. You are not allowed to take any on-board. However just a little tip, wine casks go thro the scanners without being detected.

Hi Liz

I didn't realise the bags are scanned, but I suppose they are at airports so why should it be different. Are they specifically looking for contraband alcohol? Your tip about the wine casks duly noted. Do you mean still inside the cardboard? What would they think it was?? However how do you 'hide' it from the steward? I assmue you couldn't just stick it in the refrigerator?

Questions, questions. I hope to answer others questions after I return from my cruise.

Thanks

Ally

Yeah RCI don't even return it to you though if you get caught... P&O/Princess will confiscate but give it back at the end so it makes it sort of like a game to get it on with no real consequences but RCI just 'destroy' it which I think really means serve it at the bars :P and can also deny boarding. So it says in the T&C anyway.

Apparently theres an atm but it's got a rort exchange rate and fees as others have said.

Hi Liz

I didn't realise the bags are scanned, but I suppose they are at airports so why should it be different. Are they specifically looking for contraband alcohol? Your tip about the wine casks duly noted. Do you mean still inside the cardboard? What would they think it was?? However how do you 'hide' it from the steward? I assmue you couldn't just stick it in the refrigerator?

Questions, questions. I hope to answer others questions after I return from my cruise.

Thanks

Ally

when we cruised on Rhapsody we got the 2 litre wine cask onboard but the cabins dont have a fridge unless you have a balcony

rkmw

Well we did have a balcony cabin to store our wine in the fridge, however the stewards do supply ice anyway.

We took our casks out of the cardboard boxes. Don't normally like the cask but beggars can't be chosers and we did order a nice bottle with dinner every night:p.

RCL have the harshest alcohol rules on any of the cruises we have been on. You are not allowed to take any on-board. However just a little tip, wine casks go thro the scanners without being detected.

I am surprised that the bladders will go through without being picked up. I have seen a lot of people's bags being opened with 1 bottle of Wine, or a bottle of Gin or Whiskey etc when I was picking up my Ginger Ale. I really though people would have been a little more inventive.

Where there is a will there is a way......

I have seen on the Royal Caribbean board alot of talk about rum runners to 'smuggle' alcohol, and these are never detected in luggage by RC. I googled rum runner and came across their website. I think you can only get them in the US. They are like clear plastic bladders like a wine cask bladder, sort of, but they stand up and have plastic caps. Apparently the metal caps are no good. You can buy them in sets, different sizes etc.

Have any Aussie cruisers tried these and if so where do you get them aside from US? It doesn't seem that they ship them to Australia.

Ally

I have also used the Rumrunners and they do work very well. I ordered the cruise set which is 3 large and 3 small. I ordered them thro the states and I had them in less than a week. Once again it proves that it is the shapes they are scanning for and if you try to take any bottles on a RCL ship they will be taken from you.

Archived