Flying out of Montreal

I guess I better check my geography before asking dumb questions.

New question: We are thinking about taking the train from Quebec City to Montreal, staying for a couple of days, and then flying out of there to Chicago to California. Which is easier to fly out of Quebec City (to NY then to California) or Montreal -- I mean with customs, etc. and general airport organization?

We will already have spent 1 whole day in Quebec City prior to our day to disembark -- is that enough time to see the sights there? I understand Montreal is a lovely city and we may not get another opportunity to see it for a while.

Thanks so much for your thoughts.:)

New question: We are thinking about taking the train from Quebec City to Montreal, staying for a couple of days, and then flying out of there to Chicago to California. Which is easier to fly out of Quebec City (to NY then to California) or Montreal -- I mean with customs, etc. and general airport organization?

We will already have spent 1 whole day in Quebec City prior to our day to disembark -- is that enough time to see the sights there? I understand Montreal is a lovely city and we may not get another opportunity to see it for a while.

YUL/Montreal will have many more options than YQB/Quebec City. If you fly out of YUL you will pre-clear US Customs and Immigration before boarding your aircraft, and be treated as a US Domestic arrival in the USA. If you fly YQB-USA you will need to gather your luggage, clear C&I and check in again.

I posted about your flight options from YQB in your other thread, so won't repeat here.

I think your plan is a good one. Certainly flight options will be more plentiful from YUL, and the train station in Quebec is much more convenient to the port than the airport. QC is fairly compact, so you can do a lot in a day.

• 3 weeks later...

Both American Airlines and Jazz (Air Canada) serve Chicago from Montreal. AC flights are code-shared with UA, though I think they finally have some United Express/Go Jet/Shuttle America flights from Montreal, as well.

Archived