Cruising, Sea Sickness and Chemotherapy?

nutbrown

I am cruising next month and am undergoing chemotherapy. My cycle monthly is 1 week on and 3 weeks off. My cruise will be during one of my "healthy" weeks, week 3. I have cruised several times before and never had a problem with sea sickness.

I am just wondering if anyone out there had any particular problems with nausea / seasickness that were exacerbated because they were undergoing chemo? I plan to bring my anti-nausea meds, but would like to know in advance what I might expect.

Thanks

Everyone is different. Do talk to doctor, he may give a stronger prescription for emergency use. One of the things a friend found out is that he had to eat. Also he had crackers by the bed for during the night if he woke up. Makr sure you have a list of all your meds and when you take them.

I am cruising next month and am undergoing chemotherapy. My cycle monthly is 1 week on and 3 weeks off. My cruise will be during one of my "healthy" weeks, week 3. I have cruised several times before and never had a problem with sea sickness.

I am just wondering if anyone out there had any particular problems with nausea / seasickness that were exacerbated because they were undergoing chemo? I plan to bring my anti-nausea meds, but would like to know in advance what I might expect.

Thanks

I highly recommend the "relief band" it is FDA approved not only for motion sickness but also for chemo and morning sickness.

I have been seasick from time to time and this works for me even after getting queasy.

They are a bit pricey but I consider it worth it not to be sick. I bought mine at http://www.drugstore.com (there are user reviews there) but I saw them in Walgreens Drug last week here in CT.

Denise

yes, the relief band is ok, but you (I) can't wear it 24 hours a day, especdially in the (hot/sweaty) caribbean.

That is why I prefer ginger (an old korean sailors remedy). Get the capsules -- the altoids are only a reinforcement.

Candy

yes, the relief band is ok, but you (I) can't wear it 24 hours a day, especdially in the (hot/sweaty) caribbean.

That is why I prefer ginger (an old korean sailors remedy). Get the capsules -- the altoids are only a reinforcement.

Candy

Hi

I only wear it when I need to-I've never had to leave it on for an extended period of time.

I have enjoyed a dinner of green apple, ginger ale and saltines, however, one time when I didn't have it.

Well unfortunately I have to wear my band or take something the entire time I'm any sort of boat or ship (docked or otherwise). It's an inner ear thing.

Another thing I have found is that once you find your pressure point (on your wrist) you can get relief from periods of unexpected nausea (those that just kind of sneak up on your from seasickness or any other reason) when you don't have the band with you. Just apply steady pressure to your pressure point with your thumb. Works like a charm.

Candy

Archived