Ideas on jerks blocking the stairs?

kay1864

Wow. . . I can't believe I just read all of that.

Seriously, though. These teenagers are just kids. And before you look at these "scary" teenagers and assume that they are going to be rude, stop and think about the fact that they are somebody's kid.

If you see a bunch of kids blocking the stairs, try saying hi to them. Maybe even smile and ask them how they are liking their cruise. You may just be pleasantly surprised by how nice they are. And then, when you nicely ask them to let you through, I'll bet they are more than willing to scoot over a little bit. Kindness generally begets kindness.

Not all teenagers are bad . . . not all are smart enough to realise that stairs are not a place for sitting, either, but that doesn't make them bad kids. Just confused.

By the way, I vaguely recall seeing some kids sitting on the stairs chatting on one of our cruises (I don't remember which one, but we tend to sail around Spring Break). If I remember correctly, they either moved out of the way when they saw me, or they had left sufficient room for people to pass by them. Either way it was a non issue and not a very memorable event.

Of course there are some of us who actually delete their previous cruises from their signatures once it says 'Sailed' and don't keep a running chronological public record there... lol.

I have cruised most of my cruises in the spring/summer... and still haven't see anything that even resembled this (except for debarkation, of course)...

I don't have my cruises listed- I was just commenting on those who do have their listings of their previous cruises as their signature line.

I'm sure it also depends on cruise line and itinerary how many kids will be on the ship. We had some tough looking teenagers on the Grandeur that sailing. Never encountered it on any other cruise, but I don't think it is fair to dismiss other's experiences.

I don't have my cruises listed- I was just commenting on those who do have their listings of their previous cruises as their signature line.

I'm sure it also depends on cruise line and itinerary how many kids will be on the ship. We had some tough looking teenagers on the Grandeur that sailing. Never encountered it on any other cruise, but I don't think it is fair to dismiss other's experiences.

I know, I was being facetious (hence the 'lol')... strictly playing around...

I've never encountered such a thing on either of my 5 cruises. The only time I had to deal with anyone being rude was on the Splendor in the Atrium lounge for a trivia game. We sat down in a spot, and some woman snapped that she was saving that seat. I moved, but her someone never showed up for the whole game.

I would have told that person "then I'll just sit here 'til she gets here".

The two cruises that I have been on, I have never had the problem of people sitting on steps near the pool. When I saw this thread on Facebook, I thought it was about people sitting on steps near the staterooms!

I have never had that problem on the cruises I have been on.

BUT IF I DID!!

If that DID happen I would pull out my shot gun "hidden" in the front waist (why yes that is a gun because I'm NOT happy to see you) and blast them all away.....Then I would take their leftovers and throw them overboard as chum.

Wow I just reread that and I think I MIGHT have just gone a little bit too far.....Just a little though. :)

Ah I'll submit it anyway.

Wow, I can't believe there are over 500 posts to this thread. I have never experienced this. I did experience the "push all elevator buttons" prank but I got walked back off and waited for the next one and laughed. I am so happy when I am on my cruise that nothing really bothers me. EXCEPT when 20 seniors stand right in front of the elevator door and try to rush in before I get out. Sometimes the adults are worse than the kids:D

NUNU is this what you had in mind? A good ole pair of steel toe flip flops:confused:

steel-toe-flip-flops-7c3.jpg

How about getting a pair of those shoes they used in one of the James Bond movies. You could even put poison on the tips. That would teach them a lesson that they would not forget.

DON

WOW.. BLAST FROM THE PAST HERE!

I remember laughing at this thread last February when I was planning my Valor cruise! Then for the months after that nearly every thread out there had some reference to throwing tomato juice on kids.... :)

BTW... No roving bands of rebellious teenagers blocking the stairs on my cruise!

I have encountered a few kids sitting on stairs talking. Terrible thing that- having a conversation. Said hi- supposed you could move over so this old granny can get down the stairs? The laughed, and moved. And said- oh- sorry- in the meantime. I have a son in this age group so have watched the kids closely on our cruises. So far I have seen a few who looked like they really didn't belong and wished they weren't there, but over all the kids are having a great time and not out to bother us old folks. But sometimes they don't want to be where the grownups are at the pool and don't have bars to hang out in. But I have encountered very very few who were anything but polite and pleasant.

WOW.. BLAST FROM THE PAST HERE!

I remember laughing at this thread last February when I was planning my Valor cruise! Then for the months after that nearly every thread out there had some reference to throwing tomato juice on kids.... :)

BTW... No roving bands of rebellious teenagers blocking the stairs on my cruise!

When this was written the OP only heard that some saw kids sitting on stairs. By now the OP may have seen some. LOL

I'm looking for gangs, real gangs, with motorcycles and leather hoodies, taking over the Sushi bar. That is when I call for an air attack.

Well that's because you dont take the 7 :rolleyes:

No place on the planet like Flushing! I grew up in Bayside, and went to high school for four years in Brooklyn. I am very familiar with that 7 train. Don't remember teenagers taking up all the space though (unless they were high school students going to or from school).

W O W or We Only Wish this thread was a joke. Seriously if one can't deal with someone sitting on stairs (Usually two staircases BTW), one has to wonder how that person could deal with let's say........No mint after turndown service.

What! NO MINTS!!!!!

How about just saying, "Hey, kids, would you mind not sitting on the stairs? Fire safety laws require the stairs to be kept open. I think there is an empty lounge right now on deck _____; Do you know where that is? Have you checked out the video arcade?"

I am always amazed at the plots that are hatched for kicking, reporting, stang clothes, etc., for kids just acting like kids. Be an adult! Be a role model! What about "it takes a village"? That kid may be your gerontologist in a few years! Be nice when you have the chance!

I have enjoyed reading this tread from start to finish. I :D, I :eek: and even :mad:.

I have never experienced this on my cruises with Carnival but if you see, I usually cruise during late January. It is a good time for those who have a low tolerence level. However on my most recent cruise with Carnival there were plenty of adults blocking walkways.

I also have to agree with the poster who stated about adults trying to get into the elevator before anyone gets off. Makes one go :confused:.

But most of all, I move on and enjoy my cruise. If one says excuse me several times and the person/group still doesn't move I will walk through while making a comment about people being ignorant and manners are long gone.

Archived