Chef's Table dinner

m steve

They offered it on Westerdam for $79 pp and it was quite nice. Incl. 1 cookbook per cabin. There were 2 tables in Queeens Lounge and they demonstrated the preperation before serving. I don't think the food and selection were as good as on Princess nor were the wines. It was still a very nice evening and especially since 2 people beside me gave me their caviar.

The farewell dinner and Chef's special on the last 2 nights were excellent.

WOW! Is this something new? I had the opportunity to take advantage of the Chef's Table on the Caribbean Princess last summer and it was fantastic! Is this available fleet wide? I am on the Veendam (Bermuda April) and would love to take advantage if available.

Thanx,

Kathie

On our last several cruises the Chef's Table was $129 and limited to 24 people.

Wonder why the price drop??

They're not the same thing. I did the Chef's Table Dinner for $129 as well. It included the fantastic wines as well as caviar, beef tenderloin, and lobster. The $79 dinner sounds like the one they did in the Pinnacle. Maybe the $129/pp was too pricey?

They're not the same thing. I did the Chef's Table Dinner for $129 as well. It included the fantastic wines as well as caviar, beef tenderloin, and lobster. The $79 dinner sounds like the one they did in the Pinnacle. Maybe the $129/pp was too pricey?

I do know the difference.

When we were on the Westerdam in 2008 for a repositioning cruise they began the Chef's Table -- which was $129 per person -- and it was held in the Queen's Lounge -- just as "m steve" stated here. And it was limited to 24 people.

And there was also the Sommelier Dinner for $79 which was held in the Pinnacle Grill.

for the same menu that was later priced at $79. It was offered in the daily bulletin. The caviar was one piece of toast w/ very small eggs, not really quality. There was lobster and filet. I don't know where they thought that the dinner was worth a $129 surcharge.

for the same menu that was later priced at $79. It was offered in the daily bulletin. The caviar was one piece of toast w/ very small eggs, not really quality. There was lobster and filet. I don't know where they thought that the dinner was worth a $129 surcharge.

The dinner I had served caviar in a "potato chest" with truffles. It was truly unbelievable. It was seven courses (if memory serves) and we were served unlimited champagne and then unlimited glasses from the pairings. I was alone and was therefore not speaking much during the early part of the meal. By the end I was flat out drunk (not obnoxious or loud, but I definitely realized I had more than I should have!) I was wearing 5" heels and the sommelier, Fernando, put his hand on my back when I stood up and I said, "I think I have had too much." At that point he hit me with a classic line, "It's not the wine that makes a lady sway, it's the height of her heels." I laughed and said that must be it... What a great night!

The dinner I had served caviar in a "potato chest" with truffles. It was truly unbelievable. It was seven courses (if memory serves) and we were served unlimited champagne and then unlimited glasses from the pairings. I was alone and was therefore not speaking much during the early part of the meal. By the end I was flat out drunk (not obnoxious or loud, but I definitely realized I had more than I should have!) I was wearing 5" heels and the sommelier, Fernando, put his hand on my back when I stood up and I said, "I think I have had too much." At that point he hit me with a classic line, "It's not the wine that makes a lady sway, it's the height of her heels." I laughed and said that must be it... What a great night!

I LOVE doing those as a solo, too! (I've had one or two of those "I think I have had too much" moments, as well...although, without the heels! :eek: :D )

And your sommelier was quite the gentleman, as they all surely must be! ;)

Paul ;)

The Chef's Table Dinner so far is not offered on all ships. I have only seen it offered on the Vista class ships so far.

On the Westerdam the sign up for this dinner was in the Pinnacle Grill. It was limited to 24 people -- but neither time was it completely sold out. It was held in the Queen's Lounge which is also the Culinary Arts Center which has a kitchen. The chef did all the cooking right in front of you. The wine master was also there to explain the various wines that were served with each course.

Archived