Advice on Tombs of Cairo & Memphis Trip Please

:rolleyes:

***Thompson Celebration 4th March- Sonnesta Beach Hotel 11th March***

Hi,

We have been to Cairo @8years ago and really enjoyed the museum and would of liked to of returned to have more time there, but another thread mentioned the long queues to get in as will as only being in there @1hour. So we are now thinking of Tombs of Cairo & Memphis trip.

Any information/recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.

We are also going to do Petra and Valley of the Kings.

Also Food on ship-Advice on Mistrals Restaurant-Is it worth a visit, worth the supplement for a special Occasion?

Thanx Alot

Margaret ;)

Hi

If you have been to cario before then don't bother doing it from a cruise ship it is a long day with very little time in cario as usual you have to visit some local perfume pyparus carpets????????? whatever shops and it is nearly a 2 to 3 hrs drive there and back so have a day at sea on a deserted boat like we did greatttttttttt

Food is great but if you are celebrating something special then mistrals is with the extra money. Petra is also a long day but really worth it. You are staying at the Sonesta Beach in Naama Bay best location for snorkelling I wish I was joining you its my favourite location when you snorkelling say Hi to all my fish friends especially Nemo and his family. One of the best fish restuarants is the dandareh not sure if I spelt that right but its near the duty free store in Namma fisherman's soup is out of this world We normally go at this time of the Year but are doing South America and Panama Canal this year but still will miss Sharm. Have a great time

I always do

:cool:

iro

Yes it was a long trip...it was what we wanted to do.

Early start...and late back to the ship.

The guides were attentive and knowledgeable.

Very patient with 2 mature ladies not too steady on our feet.

Petra....a much longed for visit. Truly magic. The carriage ride was more like the chariots in Ben Hur....but the only was we could have done it.

Yes I would do it again.

Have fun!!

Giza.jpg.d77dade783e7538ed1c59936a653bd52.jpg

Just got back from the Sonesta Beach two weeks ago. Superb location on the edge of Na'ama Bay and the fish on the reef just off the beach are amazing. You can see loads of brightly coloured fish just wading out up to your knees but it gets even better if you snorkel out to the edge of the roped area.

Hotel and rooms are lovely, though we had the hardest bed ever. The food was OK and could always find plenty to eat but it wasn't anything special. Some superb breads, as always in Egypt.

We don't do beach holidays and never stay in one place for a week. The Sonesta Beach was a one-off after having visited Sharm a couple of times on cruises. An amazing place and somewhere we may return again.

Thanks for all the great advice on both the cruise and the Hotel, really helpful. Really looking forward to some sun!!

**Cruising Rishton** We did the Panama Canal last year, but we did the Caribbean and a full transit through the Canal, finishing in Accapulco. Great experience although you have to be up with the lark to get a spot at the front of the ship!!

This sounds interesting what was the cost of the carraige and was there many available?

Plenty available but sorry I don't know what they cost as we didn't use one. I have a vague memory of someone telling us - either the tour guide or the destinations team that they charge you the same if you went up and down in the carriage - or just up (got you over a barrel for the uphill section!!) and a figure of £20 is in my head (perhaps the target price you should try to negotiate) - but this may be misleading as I could be remembering incorrectly.

Archived