Excursions in Roatan, Honduras; Ziplining

senunit

Hi all! First of all Id like to mention that this is my first time going on a Princess cruise (Crown Princess 3/27) and my first post on the Princess forum. I have traveled 4 times before on RCL ships and loved it.

Roatan is an island we will be visiting and we have never been here. However, we heard that zip lining is great here and we've never done it so we want to try it here. I've done extensive research on the actual port forum and while it was helpful, others who have asked the same questions as I have went unresolved. In my experiences with the RCL forum, oddly enough I always received 10-20 times more responses from the cruise forum that I did from the ports of call forum. Im not even sure why that is, but I am hoping for the same here on the Princess forum.

Anyway, we have narrowed it down to South Shore Ziplining and Pirates of the Caribbean Extreme Zip Line. We dont want to do Victor Bodden is it seems too geared from the slow, uneventful experience. Mind you, we are al in our 20s and although we never zip lined before we would like some adventure. At the same time, the Pirates of the Caribbean Extreme line seems a bit too extreme, but I may be wrong. We'd even be open to the standard tour with them if someone can advise us if its fun.

I am really looking forward to assistance from the cruisers who have experience with either company or for any other notable suggestions for Roatan excursions that can be alot of fun. Sorry for the ramble and thank you all in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like OP got no responses....I was wondering if anyone went of South Shore Ziplining and Victor Bodden's. How do you compare the experience? No one in our group has ever gone before so not looking for "Extreme." Will take Bodden tour so they'll prob. take us to his unless we specify. Is there much of a difference?

I have this same question....I'm deciding between South Shore and Bodden (haven't really looked into Pirates).

It seems that both SS and Bodden have round-trip transportation and post zip beach drop off/pick-up. Photos of the Bodden lines seem a little "mellow", but is this just the pictures? I'm not a crazy thrill seeker, but I do want the whole exciting zip line experience, ya know? A perk with Bodden was the private tour and monkey farm (the bf loves monkeys)...which to do :confused:

Does anyone have any thoughts/comparisons b/t Bodden and South Shore or Pirates for a 25 year old couple

I have this same question....I'm deciding between South Shore and Bodden (haven't really looked into Pirates).

It seems that both SS and Bodden have round-trip transportation and post zip beach drop off/pick-up. Photos of the Bodden lines seem a little "mellow", but is this just the pictures? I'm not a crazy thrill seeker, but I do want the whole exciting zip line experience, ya know? A perk with Bodden was the private tour and monkey farm (the bf loves monkeys)...which to do :confused:

Does anyone have any thoughts/comparisons b/t Bodden and South Shore or Pirates for a 25 year old couple

Rach528, the Valor docks in Mahogany Bay. Right across the port area is the new Clip N Zip zip line. $40 pp, I believe. No reservations or advanced booking needed. They take you up the small mountain and you zip down on various runs. Great views. It'll cost you nearly $60 or more just for cab fare to South Shore, which, BTE, is a very safe, very long, at times very high, zip line. I wouldn't hesitate recos for South Shore to anyone docking in Coxen Hole. But it's too expensive with transportation from MBCC. I haven't done Victors zip since he added it after we did South Shore last May. But I did talk to the CnZ owner in Jnauary when we were there and they were just opening up. He's paid a lot of attention to quality and safety.

Wherever, you go, enjoy it.

Archived