Great price on one-way Budget rental

marynpaul

I just got a good deal on a one way rental thru Budget for a compact on Feb 20th returning on Feb 21st (pick up at MCO return at Cape Canaveral) for $52.54 including all taxes using Budget's own code for Florida discounts of Y937800 and I got the return from Cape Canaveral to MCO for 36.92 using that same code. I was looking for a legitimate code that worked for my one way rentals.

Thanks for the tip! Is this just a general discount code or are they going to ask me for some kind of corporate ID when I go to pick it up? I saved half of what another company was going to charge.

Does anyone know if Budget runs a shuttle at the Port?

Thanks for the tip! Is this just a general discount code or are they going to ask me for some kind of corporate ID when I go to pick it up? I saved half of what another company was going to charge.

Does anyone know if Budget runs a shuttle at the Port?

They do!

Do you need some sort of documentation to use this code? I just spoke to Budget near the port and they told me they do not run a shuttle.

I googled it and a website for Disney world was advertising it also and indicated that is was just something for Florida Rentals. Hopefully that is correct. Also hoping they do run a shuttle at Canaveral!! Oh well, it is just a couple of miles so a taxi wouldn't be that bad.

We booked a car with Budget last year, pick up at MIA and we dropped it off at the location near the port, we also believed that there was a shuttle-but no shuttle. When we finally found their location, it was on a small street with metered parking and no lot to park the returning rental cars. We were 4 adults and a 4 year old in the scorching sun, on our way to the cruise port, with no where to park this car, all meters were full. My husband drove around and around while I waited inside to complete the paperwork for the return. There were probably 12 people also waiting and a sole attendant at the desk. People said that they had been there waiting for over 2 hours. It was NOT a pleasant experience. He said we could leave the keys, but I am more comfortable with the agent viewing the car for damage so I know that we left it in good condition. I was also not comfortable leaving this car, that I was still responsible for, halfway down the road on a meter. So we waited...2 hours, and then another 45 minutes to get a cab. And when the "cab" arrived, he went inside and got the keys to the car we had just returned and drove us to the port in that car!!!! I was like WTH??? He said that Budget and his cab have some sort of deal, that he worked there somedays as well. Anyway we got to the port about 3 hours after we planned to be there-good thing we left early. So in hindsight, it was not worth the convience I thought it would be. The "cab" was still about $20, so we didnt save much more than if we dropped at the airport. So in April we plan to rent a car in FLL and return to MIA (at least we will have a place to part the car and there will be more than one agent) and get a shuttle or cab back to the port. May cost a bit more than dropping off at the port location, but a lot less hassle-and def worth it to me!!

Hello angel 77.

I am very interested in your experience. I was planning on returning our Budget rental to M3M (which I believe is the nearest location to the Miami port).

Are you saying the cab from the airport would only be ~$20 to the port of Miami?

Hey Rattnrol,

I am staying away from Budget for the reasons of our last experience. You could try booking Thrifty, which I found to be the lower price anyway, and they said that they had a free shuttle from the airport to the POM. They said that once you return the car, just ask about the shuttle. She did not know the exact schedule, but figured it ran every 20 to 30 minutes, as the shuttle was shared with another rental company. Even without that, I am always returning to an airport location from now on. That M3M location was NOT a good experience for us. To me, even if the airport is more expensive (for a cab) then it is worth it to me, to avoid the frustration we went through last year. Maybe you would have a better experience.

And if I can remember, from a few years ago, the cost of a cab from the port to MIA was about $25-30...I think. Maybe a bit more now.

Good luck.

Both Thrifty and Dollar share the same lot and provide free shuttle service to/from the POM. Budget does not offer free shuttle service.

Try using Dollar Promo Code KISSE, no documentation needed. I've been using it for three year, cheap compact cars, about $37 per day, includes tax and fees.

I rented a single weekend day thru Dollar (they are actually AT the airport..no shuttle) traveling from MIA to the Ft. Lauderdale area..return car to FLL.. for our October cruise. Drop off for Dollar at FLL is also at the airport.

Got a 5 person vehicle for $47 including taxes.

When renting just for transport from one way to another, don't request a time later than your pick up for drop off..it adds a whole 'nuther days taxes and charges.

Archived