Question about Kids Club - ages

minniemom2009

We have sailed previously on Carnival, Disney, and RCCL and are thinking about sailing on NCL's Jewel in April. My kids will be 5 and 9 at the time of the sailing. I noticed that they just miss being in the same kids club - the juniors club is for 2-5 and the next one up is for ages 6 - 9.

Does anyone know if they would let the 5 year old move up to the next one so they can stay together? Do you have to provide a birth certificate or other documentation at the time you sign them up for the club to prove their age? Thanks!

Their age is already given at check in when you give their birth dates. They'll know how old your kids are. As far as moving, from what I've gathered it's hit and miss. Some have done it, some have been refused. Not much help, I know....but it's all I've got! :D

We have sailed previously on Carnival, Disney, and RCCL and are thinking about sailing on NCL's Jewel in April. My kids will be 5 and 9 at the time of the sailing. I noticed that they just miss being in the same kids club - the juniors club is for 2-5 and the next one up is for ages 6 - 9.

Does anyone know if they would let the 5 year old move up to the next one so they can stay together? Do you have to provide a birth certificate or other documentation at the time you sign them up for the club to prove their age? Thanks!

We were on the Pearl in January and they had a sign that stated no bumping allowed. We took or 7yo and 10yo but since they only had about 100 kids on the ship they did combine the 6-9 and 10-12 age groups so ours were together.

we have tried in the past with our kids and they are very strict because they have a list. we have been on about 5 cruises with them. most of the time they have been lumped together anyway because they do not have alot of kids. so you probably won't have to worry about it. they will combine the groups.

We just got off the Dawn, which had about 200 kids onboard (compared with 400 on our cruise last year). Our 4 year old was able to join play with our 7 and 9 year old kids a few times. I think it depends on the number of kids in Kids Crew.

wow, that is a new twist. I am really surprised.. I think it is probably a good thing, but there can be problems with this. How many parents do we see post on here that want their kids moved up just cause their kid is mature or big for his age. I am guessing, they only bend the rules for families and as you said, only a few times.

Nita

Archived