Copies of Freestyle Dailies for Jewel?

minniemom2009

Are there copies of the Freestyle Dailies for the Jewel posted anywhere? I'm having a difficult time deciding which cruise we want to take next and it would be helpful to see what types of activities NCL offers.

I'm considering the May 1st sailing out of NYC, but want to make sure there would be enough activities to keep the kids interested without relying on the kids club too much. When it's a family vacation, I want them with me most of the time. I'm sure they'll spend some time in the club, but hopefully not too much!

Are there copies of the Freestyle Dailies for the Jewel posted anywhere? I'm having a difficult time deciding which cruise we want to take next and it would be helpful to see what types of activities NCL offers.

I'm considering the May 1st sailing out of NYC, but want to make sure there would be enough activities to keep the kids interested without relying on the kids club too much. When it's a family vacation, I want them with me most of the time. I'm sure they'll spend some time in the club, but hopefully not too much!

One of the simplest ways to see Freestyle Dalies is to search for them on webshots.com. There are many examples there that people have scanned. It will give you a good idea of the types of activities avaialable on a day-to-day basis.

With the Jewel sailing out of NYC I"m sure the entertainment line up will be changed slightly, however, the guest performers change about every 3 months (like comedians, variety acts) but the shows will still be the same. Band on the Run, Country Gold and Cirque Bijoux are the main production shows onboard. They are usually spaced out every other day with other entertainers as fillers. What else would you like to know?

I was on the Jewel on January 3rd and will be on her again on March 14th. :)

There are not many (if any) kids activities outside the kid's crew...that's the idea of the kids crew, after all.

Depending on their age and interest, there may well be many adult activities that they might enjoy, but none directed specifically at kids.

With the Jewel sailing out of NYC I"m sure the entertainment line up will be changed slightly, however, the guest performers change about every 3 months (like comedians, variety acts) but the shows will still be the same. Band on the Run, Country Gold and Cirque Bijoux are the main production shows onboard. They are usually spaced out every other day with other entertainers as fillers. What else would you like to know?

I was on the Jewel on January 3rd and will be on her again on March 14th. :)

Thanks for the information! I guess I'm just curious about the day-to-day activities that are offered. My kids are not very outgoing and I really don't anticipate them spending much time at all in the kids clubs. They are both very shy and reserved. I know on past cruises (not with NCL) there were activities such as arts and crafts, towel folding, kitchen tours, dessert samplings, etc. that I know my kids would enjoy. Is there anything like that on NCL?

The evening shows that you mentioned - are they all appropriate and enjoyable for kids? Thanks again for your information!

A lot of the daytime activities on NCL are geared towards drinking / enrichment courses such as wine tasting, martini tasting. There's usually some game time with the Nintendo Wii and Karaoke in the early evening as well. Sea days tend to be a little slow onboard with trivia offered and some other organized staff activities. Weather permitting there are some games poolside but most of it is just relaxing days at sea. The night is when things tend to get hotter. The game room is always open up by the library and there are games you can play in there (board games) and cards. Usually a lot of bridge players are in there though. Definitely want to encourage the kids to sign up for Kid's Crew though. I think they would have a much more enjoyable experience there. :) Maybe you could stay with them for a while until they get their bearings and then be free to whatever!

A lot of the daytime activities on NCL are geared towards drinking / enrichment courses such as wine tasting, martini tasting. There's usually some game time with the Nintendo Wii and Karaoke in the early evening as well. Sea days tend to be a little slow onboard with trivia offered and some other organized staff activities. Weather permitting there are some games poolside but most of it is just relaxing days at sea. The night is when things tend to get hotter. The game room is always open up by the library and there are games you can play in there (board games) and cards. Usually a lot of bridge players are in there though. Definitely want to encourage the kids to sign up for Kid's Crew though. I think they would have a much more enjoyable experience there. :) Maybe you could stay with them for a while until they get their bearings and then be free to whatever!

Thanks so much for the extra info. Do you know if the kids clubs will allow parents to stay with the kids for some of the activities - at least just to get them to feel more comfortable there?

Thanks so much for the extra info. Do you know if the kids clubs will allow parents to stay with the kids for some of the activities - at least just to get them to feel more comfortable there?

I don't personally know the answer to this one but if you have a day or two I can get back to you with the answer for the Jewel specifically. :)

Sorry the response took longer than I anticipated...

You can stay with your child for a short time in the Kid's Crew area. Normally not longer than 1 hour but you can frequently drop by and check in to see how the child is doing as well. They actually discourage parents from staying because the child will not cope and mingle with the other children. Hope this helps! :)

Sorry the response took longer than I anticipated...

You can stay with your child for a short time in the Kid's Crew area. Normally not longer than 1 hour but you can frequently drop by and check in to see how the child is doing as well. They actually discourage parents from staying because the child will not cope and mingle with the other children. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks so much for finding this out for me. I think it will work out perfectly if I can stay with them for about an hour. I'm sure that will make them feel much more comfortable and they'll get to see all of the fun things they do in the clubs. Thanks again!

Archived