Forward cabin on the Monarch

RascalAnn

We are booked in cabin 6002 on the Monarch. As forward as you can get! The movement from the forward is fine with us. I was just wondering if anyone had stayed on this deck forward and could you tell me how the view is from our window?

Call first thing in the morning and switch to 8036.

You'll thank me later.

Call first thing in the morning and switch to 8036.

You'll thank me later.

I know there is more movement at the bow of the ship. We were on the bow of the ship when we did our 2 week cruise to Hawaii. But not in the cabin at the very front. The movement doesn't bother us. I was just wondering if anyone knew about the view from our window being at the very front. This is the first time we have had oceanview. Always had inside before.

May I ask why you said I should switch? Is it because of the movement? Thanks for your response.:)

I know there is more movement at the bow of the ship. We were on the bow of the ship when we did our 2 week cruise to Hawaii. But not in the cabin at the very front. The movement doesn't bother us. I was just wondering if anyone knew about the view from our window being at the very front. This is the first time we have had oceanview. Always had inside before.

May I ask why you said I should switch? Is it because of the movement? Thanks for your response.:)

Probably noise from the walkway / "jogging track" on deck 7. I have also talked to people that stayed in 7004 and they indicated that cabin was unlivable due to noise (parties and runners) at all hours.

Dave

Yes you did...but as I recall....my question is different this time. I listened to what you said last time and told my husband and he didn't want to change. We are next door to his dad and wants to stay there. He loves staying forward on the ship. This time I was just asking if anyone had stayed in the cabins (such as 6002) at the very front because I was wondering if there is a good view out of the window or will we just see the front of the ship? Didn't mean to be a bothersome to you.:confused:

Yes you did...but as I recall....my question is different this time. I listened to what you said last time and told my husband and he didn't want to change. We are next door to his dad and wants to stay there. He loves staying forward on the ship. This time I was just asking if anyone had stayed in the cabins (such as 6002) at the very front because I was wondering if there is a good view out of the window or will we just see the front of the ship? Didn't mean to be a bothersome to you.:confused:

Trust me,you're not.

8038 is available, too. You can both move.

There is more motion at the front of the ship. There is more noise on Deck 6. There are tiny little portholes. You will be awakened by the anchor chain being dropped.

Do what you want.

8038 is available, too. You can both move.

There is more motion at the front of the ship. There is more noise on Deck 6. There are tiny little portholes. You will be awakened by the anchor chain being dropped.

Do what you want.

Thanks for your help....I'm sure you are correct about the anchor, we experienced that on our 2 week cruise to hawaii. But since we rise pretty early anyway (don't want to miss anything, especially on such a short cruise) then I think we will be ok with that. And we are fine with the motion. I sleep like a baby with the motion;) And you are correct about the portholes except they are just on decks 2 and 3. We checked on that before we booked and deck 6 has windows. Just glad to know that I will be able to see the water and not just the front of the ship. That is what I was worried about. Thanks for your response!:) We got this cabin from a TA at an amazing price. Not even $200 per person!!

Tried to find some pics of your cabin,without much luck.......but did find a front shot of the ship........

You see the bottom of the lifeboats?? well, under them is deck 7.......comes all the way around to the front............under that "line"(actually it is the promenade deck where people walk around the ship) will be deck 6........

sorry cant see if its portholes or windows since it is obstructed.....

you'll have a great view of the bow!

2392746730014005006S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for the pic! Since you explained to me where my deck would be, I can tell exactly where our window is! My father in law's cabin is the end one and ours is next to his.:D

But you cant see it in that picture.The little square windows you can see are deck 7.....

ooops...wait a minute...I was looking at the wrong deck. Hmm...you are right, can't really see them. Oh well...I don't spend any time in the room anyway. It will just be nice to have a window for some daylight and to look out and see something! LOL

Archived