Tesco Clubcard Points for a Princess Cruise?

The Dragon

Hi,

I received my Clubcard rewards booklet yesterday and was very happy to see that you can now use your tesco points towards a Princess Cruise:

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=1202&bci=4294967232|Holidays

You can't use them to pay off final payment but can use them when you book a new cruise. I assume it has to be directly with Princess, nto a TA.

If anyone has had any experience with this being either a con or a good deal please can you let me know.

Hannah

Hello Hannah, according to the pdf file on http://www.tesco.com/CLUBCARD/DEALS/PRODUCTINFOSHEETS/S6061.PDF

it seems you can only book with Princess Reservation department. They seem to show a special Tesco number to phone. I did wonder about using the vouchers for our next cruise but I will definately check first with the TA to see if you get a better deal without them. There is a small possibility that Princess load the price to allow for the voucher so we must check first.

Suzanne

It is the normal Princess telephone number, the price you pay is the brochure price but you dont normally get free parking/onboard credit but with the savings it is one hell of a bargain, we have £1250 of vouchers which is worth £5000 off a cruise, and basically for just shopping at Tesco and using a Tesco credit card.

This is great news will now have to choose either P&O Azura or Princess next year

It is the normal Princess telephone number, the price you pay is the brochure price but you dont normally get free parking/onboard credit but with the savings it is one hell of a bargain, we have £1250 of vouchers which is worth £5000 off a cruise, and basically for just shopping at Tesco and using a Tesco credit card.

This is great news will now have to choose either P&O Azura or Princess next year

Wow!! I just had my vouchers for this quarter and they equalled a grand total of ....... £7. Not going to get me very far :D

Up to now, I have only been an occasional Tesco shopper and do my weekly shop more often at Sainsbury's... however, the level of vouchers you can attain, and therefore the discount off a cruise, is definitely worth a consideration of switching my allegiances ;)

Wow!! I just had my vouchers for this quarter and they equalled a grand total of ....... £7. Not going to get me very far :D

Up to now, I have only been an occasional Tesco shopper and do my weekly shop more often at Sainsbury's... however, the level of vouchers you can attain, and therefore the discount off a cruise, is definitely worth a consideration of switching my allegiances ;)

We collect Tesco vouchers and swap them for BA miles. However, we have had great difficulty using the BA miles when we want due to lack of available seats. I guess now we will swap them for the deals vouchers and try and collect enough to pay for a small cruise somewhere. Bit of a pain because we booked a Princess Alaska cruise three weeks ago and could have used the deals vouchers. Never mind, Princess is our cruise company of choice and I am sure we will find something to suit. I have nearly £100 of tesco points to swap at the moment so that's £400 towards the cruise already:D

We had £1200 of Tescos vouchers last week and exchanged them for Princess Cruise Vouchers. I rang Princess for a price and was quoted £2500. I said I wanted to book and that I had some Tescos vouchers. The lady said that she would have to recalculate the price as its a different pricing structure when using Tescos vouchers towards a Princess cruise. Fair enough, I thought. She then told me the new price - £3400. It had suddenly gone up by £900! I was shocked and absolutely disgusted. I have since complained to both Tesco and Princess but they're not interested. I've now used the vouchers for another holiday with a different company - where the price remained the same as the one which was quoted originally. I did mention it in my local Tesco and apparently someone else had mentioned it to them the week before. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

We had £1200 of Tescos vouchers last week and exchanged them for Princess Cruise Vouchers. I rang Princess for a price and was quoted £2500. I said I wanted to book and that I had some Tescos vouchers. The lady said that she would have to recalculate the price as its a different pricing structure when using Tescos vouchers towards a Princess cruise. Fair enough, I thought. She then told me the new price - £3400. It had suddenly gone up by £900! I was shocked and absolutely disgusted. I have since complained to both Tesco and Princess but they're not interested. I've now used the vouchers for another holiday with a different company - where the price remained the same as the one which was quoted originally. I did mention it in my local Tesco and apparently someone else had mentioned it to them the week before. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Terrible :mad: Think I will stick with Sainsbury's after all - much better quality of product IMHO (no flaming please!) :D What other holiday did you use your vouchers for?

Terrible :mad: Think I will stick with Sainsbury's after all - much better quality of product IMHO (no flaming please!) :D What other holiday did you use your vouchers for?

We've used it on a Cosmos holiday to the Canaries. The price was the same whether you used Tesco vouchers or not. They were also very friendly when I called Cosmos.

We should join forces - my £7 and your £5 - last of the big spenders!! :D :p

If I throw in my £2 we could share an ice cream

I used my Boots points today for all my sun cream and stuff, think Boots is the best value points card IMHO, but like you Friday, think I'll stick with JS much better class of shopper :cool:

I used my Boots points today for all my sun cream and stuff, think Boots is the best value points card IMHO, but like you Friday, think I'll stick with JS much better class of shopper :cool:

Glad to hear it, they need you and Fridaythecat.u.k to help keep paying my pension!!! LOL ;):):D

Might see you in Sainsbury's in Shrewsbury or Oswestry then? I use both as I live almost exactly mid way between them!! Or are you a South Shropshire dweller?

PS - sorry to disappoint all, but I went to Tesco today and spent my £7 vouchers, so our kitty appears to have shrunk by about half as we were up to around £15.50 :eek:! Still wouldn't have got us very far though... :D

I found the same problem it is not clear in the brochure but its not worth using the vouchers unless you have a very large number of vouchers as by the time you lose the other perks through your TA you are worse off.

Am now going to use my vouchers for a UK hotel stay

Julie.I

We did a Butlins holiday with Tesco vouchers (how times have changed now we have sampled the luxury of Princess!) and the Tesco vouchers could only be used for the full brochure price - not the internet price or sale prices. This meant that if you didn't have enough vouchers it wasn't worth it.

That said we had the whole holiday half board for free in gold accommodation so if you can save enough vouchers it could be really worth it! The vouchers are worth four times their value don't forget so £500 of vouchers is worth £2000 off your cruise!

That said we had the whole holiday half board for free in gold accommodation so if you can save enough vouchers it could be really worth it! The vouchers are worth four times their value don't forget so £500 of vouchers is worth £2000 off your cruise!

True, but if they bump the price up just because you are using your vouchers (as per what happened to Indy_Girl), then it all seems a bit of a con... especially when there are other holiday companies, such as Cosmos, who don't do this.

Doesn't matter anyway as I have decided that I am going to keep 6monthshere6monthsthere's pension going :D Can just about do this all on my own based on my weekly shop at Sainsbury's and there are only two of us :eek: (if you exclude the 4 cats)

We did a Butlins holiday with Tesco vouchers (how times have changed now we have sampled the luxury of Princess!) and the Tesco vouchers could only be used for the full brochure price - not the internet price or sale prices. This meant that if you didn't have enough vouchers it wasn't worth it.

The price Princess originally quoted was without any discounts. They bumped it up £900 just because I was using the vouchers. I rang the other cruise companies that you can use Tescos vouchers with (i.e. Cunard, Ocean Village and P & O) to get quotes and then said I was using Tescos vouchers and the price was the same whether or not I used Tescos vouchers. It just seems to be Princess who put the price up. Unfortunately the other cruise companies didn't have cruises that fitted in with our holidays. Hence, we used our vouchers for a Cosmos holiday.

True, but if they bump the price up just because you are using your vouchers (as per what happened to Indy_Girl), then it all seems a bit of a con... especially when there are other holiday companies, such as Cosmos, who don't do this.

Doesn't matter anyway as I have decided that I am going to keep 6monthshere6monthsthere's pension going :D Can just about do this all on my own based on my weekly shop at Sainsbury's and there are only two of us :eek: (if you exclude the 4 cats)

Glad to hear it, looks like I owe you and cantwaitfornextcruise a drink when our paths cross on a cruise someday!!:);)

Archived