Talent Show on a 5 Day sailing?

TnMama

We were on the Fascination 5 day last July and yes they had the talent show. I remember this because not very many passengers tried-out so the crew did lots of fill-in. My theory on why so little participation is that the audition/rehersal was on the afternoon that we were in HMC and too hard to get people off the beautiful beach.

BTW we had a wonderful cruise, hope you do too.

Elsie:cool:

Yep, they've had the "talent show" every time I've sailed. They usually take the first 6 who can perform, and usually that's about what they get. It's really a lot of fun, and I highly recommend doing it. Even the rehearsal is a hoot, but I guess, not as much fun as a day at the beach. One other perk, is that you'll receive the highly coveted, 24 karet gold, plastic, piece of ship on a stick for participating! What could be better than that????:D

"SKY"

LMAO Sky! I was thinking of doing a comedy routine. Well really just using my Suthun Accent and talking. lol. Who better to try it out on than a bunch of Happy go lucky cruisers who dont know me,and if I stink, Ill never see again! :eek:

They do! I was a participant on the Fascination back in October and was one of only three amateurs! There was a large group on the ship that had brought in some entertainment, so those acts all took part. Everything from Elvis to bluegrass. It was a lot of fun. I was involved in some "behind the scenes" hi-jinks, so it was even MORE fun for me! I got a bottle of champagne and a plastic gold ship on a stick for taking part. And a standing ovation-that was really cool.

LMAO Sky! I was thinking of doing a comedy routine. Well really just using my Suthun Accent and talking. lol. Who better to try it out on than a bunch of Happy go lucky cruisers who dont know me,and if I stink, Ill never see again! :eek:

Just be advised, that they might not let you do a comedy routine. It depends on the Cruise Director, and how many others they have trying out for the show. I agree that they should indeed, allow you to perform, because I have no doubt that you'd be far more entertaining than some of the others that they DO allow! (Last time I did the talent show, they had a guy who did RUBIKS CUBE! Boy was that great!) :eek: Hang in there, show up for the audition and sign up, and with any luck they'll let you perform. Like "IslandGirl" said. There's often lots more that goes on than just the show! ;)

"SKY"

Just be advised, that they might not let you do a comedy routine. It depends on the Cruise Director, and how many others they have trying out for the show. I agree that they should indeed, allow you to perform, because I have no doubt that you'd be far more entertaining than some of the others that they DO allow! (Last time I did the talent show, they had a guy who did RUBIKS CUBE! Boy was that great!) :eek: Hang in there, show up for the audition and sign up, and with any luck they'll let you perform. Like "IslandGirl" said. There's often lots more that goes on than just the show! ;)

"SKY"

Sky is correct...they had someone who wanted to do a comedy/ventriloquist routine and they had to see it before they would okay it because they didn't want to accidentally offend someone. They did let him perform because it really was geared more for kids than grownups. I've done the show twice (Fascination and Destiny) and both times it's pretty much been the first 6 people to show up. The only exception was the ventriloquist on Fascination.

Archived