Two Beaches in One Day?

OntCruise

Anyone ever visited two beaches on the same day? We were in St. Thomas in 2008 and went to Sapphire Beach.

We will be back first week of March and had planned to visit Magen’s Bay, however my son and husband really want to snorkel so they want Coki Beach.

We are there between 9:00 – 6:00 pm so there should be enough time. Any suggestions as to whether the snorkelling is better morning or afternoon?

Anyone done a similar itinerary?

While as Travelfreak mentioned that Trunk Bay is nice, it is on St. John. No problem if you don't mind taking a taxi to Red Hook, Catching the ferry, then catching another taxi on St. John and eventually getting to the beach. I am not discouraging this at all, but it can be alot in one day if you only have a few hours.

I also don't recommned the two beach thing. First, once you're on the beach, planted and set, not wanting to move is not unheard of. We call it Limin' :D Second, is the cost of Taxi's. Easily you can spend close to $200 by moving around with 3-4 people to two beaches in one day. If money is no option, then go for it.

I would suggest a comprimise and suggest going to Secret Harbor. The water at Secret Harbor is clear, calm and idyllic. While NOT Magen's Bay, it is a nice substitue. You can snorkle at Secret Harbor with reefs located on both sides of the beach. There is also a swim platform a little ways out and last time I was there a 3 1/2' baracuda liked to hang out under the platform. Chairs can be rented at the dive shop, there is a resturant (Blue Moon Cafe) along with a bar and restroom facilities.

You didn't mention how many other ships will be in the same day as you. If more than 1, Megan's will be crowded, where as Secret Harbor is more likely to less crowded.

Scott

I would suggest a comprimise and suggest going to Secret Harbor. The water at Secret Harbor is clear, calm and idyllic. While NOT Magen's Bay, it is a nice substitue. You can snorkle at Secret Harbor with reefs located on both sides of the beach. There is also a swim platform a little ways out and last time I was there a 3 1/2' baracuda liked to hang out under the platform. Chairs can be rented at the dive shop, there is a resturant (Blue Moon Cafe) along with a bar and restroom facilities.

What is the cost of a cab to Secret Harbor?

In 2008, my husband and I booked an excursion through "Papa Bear" which included an island tour and a stop at Coki Beach. We were very pleased with Papa Bear's services and enjoyed snorkeling at Coki Beach. Papa Bear has a number of different "packages" listed on his website. One of them (Pkg. #3) is a trip to both Coki Beach and Sapphire Beach, which are near each other (90 minutes at each beach), and then a 15 minute stop at a scenic overlook. Check out his website for more details, pictures, and videos.

havefunwithus.net

We went to two beaches on our last trip. Had a tour guide who took us first to Maegans Bay (before the crowds arrived), stopped at a daiquiri bar then he dropped us off at Secret Harbour for a couple hours. We never felt rushed and had a great time that day with a group from our Roll Call.

Archived