Why is the shower in the Spa better than your room shower?

Riley's Mom

I have seen where people staying on the spa deck use the showers in the spa vs their cabin shower... Why?

Is there a huge difference? if so, I may try it next time. We have had cabins on the spa deck three times before and never used the spa showers>

Thanks for enlightening me.

I have seen where people staying on the spa deck use the showers in the spa vs their cabin shower... Why?

Is there a huge difference? if so' date=' I may try it next time. We have had cabins on the spa deck three times before and never used the spa showers>

Thanks for enlightening me.[/quote']

Much more room to shower. However, in my cabin, I get to wear a super-hero cape (shower curtain) while I shower :):D:):cool:

From what I've read on CC, there is a bit more room in the Spa showers for taking care of those 'little things' such as shaving... and the showerheads are more of a rainfall head than the ordinary ones.

It is also a bit of a time saver when 'more than twos' are sharing a room.

Much more spacious and they usually have several shower heads. One large overhead one that comes down like rain and then two on each wall. Very nice! It is usually my habit to skip the shower in the room and have a steam then a shower every day (or more) in the locker room.

so do you take all your stuff with you to get ready, I mean is there a place to put all your stuff, or do you just shower and wear your robe back to your room? If I have to pack all my make-up and clothes not sure it would be worth it to me, maybe just a guy thing???

I just wear shorts and a t-shirt and then go right back to the room and get really dressed if it's for dinner. otherwise, i just stay in what i wore up there. maybe it is a guy thing as I don't need a lot of product :rolleyes:

These are indiviual showers we are talking about right?? Not one big open shower like I see on prison documentarys...lol??

How many showers are availble in the spa?

On The Pride they had 5 individual shower rooms in the men's locker room. There is a hallway that connects the locker area to the gym. On the outside of the hallwayare the sauna, steam room and toilets. On the inside are the showers. They are small rooms with doors (but bigger than your cabin bathroom). They have plenty of hooks to hang things and a wooden bench attached to the wall. Plenty of room to shower and dry off and I guess dress if you are that shy.

Ok, I had read about this on the Royal boards before my last cruise.

The spa had a counter with a lady checking people in for appointments & stuff. Do you just tell her you want to use the showers or what?

Does anyone know if Fascination has steam rooms? I love saunas & steam rooms but haven't looked for them on a cruise. Are they free or do you have to book it?

Well on Carnival (and probably on Royal too but I have only used the showers in Carnivals spas), there are lockers to store stuff while in the shower. You can bring all your "stuff" and put what you don't want in the lockers (you need to ask the receptionist at the spa desk for a locker key,but they don't charge for the use. They have hair dryers and towels there near the showers so everything you need to get ready and dressed is right there.

With a family of 4 and my being the only male in the cabin, its MUCH quicker and easier for me and maybe one of the kiddos to run up to the spa to get ready than to have to wait and take turns for the cabin shower. That might change on our Dream cruise coming up because we booked the family oceanview cabin that has two showers...

Ok, I had read about this on the Royal boards before my last cruise.

The spa had a counter with a lady checking people in for appointments & stuff. Do you just tell her you want to use the showers or what?

Does anyone know if Fascination has steam rooms? I love saunas & steam rooms but haven't looked for them on a cruise. Are they free or do you have to book it?

that is for spa treatments...you can access the gym and the locker rooms without checking in....the showers are in the locker rooms....they are huge!!

What are the typical hours that the sauna/showers are open?

Gym opens @ 6, closes at 8ish??? DH learned that they doors aren't locked, so you can start your work out earlier if you wish.

Yes, to the other poster who asked about steam/sauna on Fascination - I have been it them both and they are big and have a window looking out to the ocean. Lovely.

• 3 years later...

I can attest that the Cloud 9 spa showers are wonderful - at least on the Magic they are. They are large, have a bench for shaving legs, and super quiet. Every time I used the spa shower, I was the only one in there. I never saw anyone else ever use the spa showers. There are hair dryers and nice mirrors so that you could fix your hair and makeup afterwards. There are also lockers, if you wanted to lock up your things.

I can attest that the Cloud 9 spa showers are wonderful - at least on the Magic they are. They are large, have a bench for shaving legs, and super quiet. Every time I used the spa shower, I was the only one in there. I never saw anyone else ever use the spa showers. There are hair dryers and nice mirrors so that you could fix your hair and makeup afterwards. There are also lockers, if you wanted to lock up your things.

I am assuming that the spa showers on the Dream are similar. I plan to get a spa pass and hope to use them on our cruise next May. I am sailing with my 20 yr old daughter and her friend. I think I will let them have the shower in the cabin. ;):)

Is there a huge difference? if so' date=' I may try it next time. We have had cabins on the spa deck three times before and never used the spa showers>

Thanks for enlightening me.[/quote']

spa showers are not just better on Carnivl ships. I have friends that travel on other cruise lines and they use the spa showers. A trick they taught me years ago. One friends travels with DH and 2 sons so she packs a bag and goes to the spa showers to get ready each day before dinner. I almost hate that this word is getting out, as I love having the showers to myself. You don't have to be on the spa deck to use them.

On the Fascination, we are going with 5 women in the cabin! :cool: I plan on showering in the locker room. Are there blow dryers and outlets so I can do my hair and makeup in there too?

I've been through that area many times on Fantasy (and on Fascination) but have never actually used the shower on a Fantasy-class ship.

I doubt there are hair dryers. Probably more room to apply makeup, but the shower/bathroom area on these ships is not huge.

Sailed in early September with 2 other women. Was really concerned about bathroom shelf space and getting ready for dinner. It really wasn't an issue. We pretty much took our showers at different times during the day.

Getting ready for dinner, one would use the bathroom mirror for makeup, one used the desk area, the other used a makeup mirror she brought.

Now, with an addtional two women, I think a visit to the spa locker room might be necessary! Good luck to you!!

I always want to check those showers but always forgot. My understanding is those showers are semi-public. Does that mean you have to have some clothes on when you take shower there?

They are all private in the ladies areas and most have a door then a little area to hang things with a bench then the shower area, the ones I have been in had another door rather than a curtain. I have never showered in the mens so can't speak for those. :D