New to Celebrity SV - aft or AQ?

mamacat3

Hi

This is our first Celebrity cruise - we have a Sunset Veranda on deck 8 aft but are possibly considering switching to an aqua class. Is this a good choice or should we stay where we are? I love the aft cabins on the Radiance class at RCCL but do not like the Voyager class afts because of all the metal in your way.

Thanks for your help!!:)

Any thoughts anyone??!!

Well from all the Solstice info I have gathered the SV rooms have some soot problems and fumes from the engines that spew out of the funnels toward the back of the ship. We have booked AQ and you will full access to the persian gardens, the restaurant BLU which is intimate and has great made to order food, bottle water as much as you want in your cabin, herbal ice teas everyday, an amazing shower with all the fun bathroom amenites (great so less weight in the luggage), plus all the same amenties as the CC class. The other bonus is if you book a hump room you will have a balcony that is three times as long. Defintely worth it in my opinion.

Claudette

We had SV cabin 8338 on the Equinox. We ate in Blu one night and it was not much different than the MDR. Tuscan Grill was fantastic. It also depends on how much extra you will pay for an Aqua Class Cabin.

You can eat every night in the Tuscan Grill (which is far better than Blu and the MDR) for $20 per person. On my cruise they wanted over $400 pp extra to have an Aqua Class cabin over my SV. That was an easy call for me. The people in the cabin next to us ate at an alternative restaurant every night.

With an SV cabin, you can sit on the balcony even when the ship is moving or the weather is a bit colder and still enjoy it. On our cruise there were a few nights when our table mates could not use their balcony at all. And we loved watching the wake from the propellers.

One negative. Prepare to walk. It's a bit inconvenient having an aft cabin and only 2 elevator banks on the ship.

Whatever you choose, I am sure you will have a great time.

We had SV cabin 8338 on the Equinox. We ate in Blu one night and it was not much different than the MDR. Tuscan Grill was fantastic. It also depends on how much extra you will pay for an Aqua Class Cabin.

You can eat every night in the Tuscan Grill (which is far better than Blu and the MDR) for $20 per person. On my cruise they wanted over $400 pp extra to have an Aqua Class cabin over my SV. That was an easy call for me. The people in the cabin next to us ate at an alternative restaurant every night.

With an SV cabin, you can sit on the balcony even when the ship is moving or the weather is a bit colder and still enjoy it. On our cruise there were a few nights when our table mates could not use their balcony at all. And we loved watching the wake from the propellers.

One negative. Prepare to walk. It's a bit inconvenient having an aft cabin and only 2 elevator banks on the ship.

Whatever you choose, I am sure you will have a great time.

Tuscan Grille is now $30 pp. I would recommend AQ, as mentioned bny others - excellent service, Blu is intimate and delicious, cabin amenities very nice. The hump cabins (search this forum for more info.) are mid-ship with great sized balconies. I wouldn't want to be aft; doesn't seem to be a lot of privacy and a long way to walk to many things.

Both AquaClass [twice, in 1511 and 1599 (on the hump with an oversized verandah)] and a Concierge Class Aft [once, in 1674 (with one of the slightly larger verandahs] on the Solstice-Class ships... I liked both but did not find any particularly strong allure about having an aft verandah...

I didn't detect a fume problem on the aft verandah and, at least last week--I think it's a function of the weather--soot wasn't much of a problem either [and when it was, it was promptly cleaned by the steward]... But it is a real hike [not that I can't use the exercise] from the afts to the elevators... And I--it's probably just a personal thing--missed seeing the town/activity while in port [last week, we always docked nose-in]...

I also found--it's largely a function of one's neighbors from cruise-to-cruise--that the aft was far noisier in that the cabins on either side of mine were each occupied by more than two chatty people who apparently suffered from insomnia... In AquaClass, the cabins accommodate no more than two [generally couples or the occasional single parent with child] so as to promote--but by no means guarantee--a quieter experience...

I'm an enormous fan of AquaClass and of Blu... And though I'd book a Sunset View again, I don't find a compelling reason to do so on the S-Class ships... My bottom line is that either would provide a great experience but I'm glad that I'll be returning to AquaClass again on Equinox next month and on Eclipse in June [both times with one of the hump cabins]...

Archived