Scuba Dive operator Oahu HI

helo driver

Unlike most other dive places, in Oahu there are lots of scuba trip brokers. They don't own a dive shop, or dive boat. They just book you to a seat on a dive boat. There are also some dive shops without a dive boat. And some dive boats without a storefront.

I'd rather book directly with a boat operator, so you are not going through a middleman. If you have preference do go to certain dive sites, you have a better chance of getting it when you book a request directly with the boat.

Last time I was there, I booked with Capt. Bruce's. Capt. Randy who took over the ownership at that time, was very good. They operate out of west Oahu, but will pick you up from Waikiki or any places near.

"Reef Pirates" is an operation that Gabe recommends and uses for his trips so I would think that they would be a good choice.

BTW, Gabe is not a broker, he runs his own business and goes diving with you, he just doesn't have his own boat. However, that gives him the flexibility to use different operators depending on your desires and weather conditions. He also will go shore diving with you if you prefer that over a boat dive.

Archived