Anyone back from a cruise out of Galveston?

Mikayla's Mom

Ok I know there are those that are completely anti-smuggle- We have all read your posts and respect your opinions. I am asking those that are not anti-smuggle to give a little feedback on cruises that have left out of Galveston. I know with the new Miami info we have that things have been stepped up and it seems to be hit and miss there but more hit than miss.

Please let us know specifics on what (bottles-rum runners) and if it was on your person, in your carry on or in a checked bag.

I do not believe there is a thread for this for Galveston, if there is I apologize in advance.

Thanks for all the helpful people on this thread (and the absolutely frickin funny people!) Flamers, Trolls, Spammers, you make my heart hurt when I read your responses to threads. Just don't....just don't....

Ok I know there are those that are completely anti-smuggle- We have all read your posts and respect your opinions. I am asking those that are not anti-smuggle to give a little feedback on cruises that have left out of Galveston. I know with the new Miami info we have that things have been stepped up and it seems to be hit and miss there but more hit than miss.

Please let us know specifics on what (bottles-rum runners) and if it was on your person' date=' in your carry on or in a checked bag.

I do not believe there is a thread for this for Galveston, if there is I apologize in advance.

Thanks for all the helpful people on this thread (and the absolutely frickin funny people!) Flamers, Trolls, Spammers, you make my heart hurt when I read your responses to threads. Just don't....just don't....[/quote']

HAHA - Well I agree with the first part of that sentence...as for the second part, hmmm...maybe not so much.

I'm a pro-smuggler cruisin' out of Galveston too, so I would also like to know how people are doing. Thanks for starting the thread.

I just got off the Ecstasy last thursday....for the first time in my cruising life i bought a plastic bottle of vodka and put it in my checked luggage....not knowing if it would still be there when i got my suitcase...but it was....

and...i never opened it, lol!:o:rolleyes: I actually left it for the room steward...:D

i wrapped it up in some clothes and stuffed it in the middle of my suitcase...

i doubt i will sneak it aboard again because i just didn't need it...like i thought i would...:rolleyes:

To the OP: I love your verbage and how you made it clear that you didn't want any trouble!

Galveston is my home port also, so I've been wanting to see how they are cracking down on smugglers.

Thanks. I'm a "cant we all just get along" type person. ;)

Hoping to get more response before I sail. Thinking of going the rum runner route however I would love to figure out a way to get some good beer on for my brother. He is a "beer snob". ;) Would rather die than drink bud or miller, etc. HAHA.

We just got off the Ecstasy February 1st. My husband almost always wraps his bottle of Crown lovingly and pads it in our checked luggage. It is always there when we get our luggage. The couple that traveled with us, had two 1 liter water bottles that they filled with vodka and coconut rum. They walked right on with them. They did have to put them in the scanners when we were making our way on, but nothing happened. They did this in August as well. I would think it is probably hit and miss for the most part.

I'll look forward to your posts. Are you going to be in one of the new balcony rooms? We have one booked for June and I'd love to hear your opinion. One thing I can't figure out from the deck plans is how do you get to the Serenity deck....do you walk through the lounge to get back there, or go through the buffet area on the lido deck and then downstairs in the back? Can you check that out for me? Thanks!

I'll look forward to your posts. Are you going to be in one of the new balcony rooms? We have one booked for June and I'd love to hear your opinion. One thing I can't figure out from the deck plans is how do you get to the Serenity deck....do you walk through the lounge to get back there, or go through the buffet area on the lido deck and then downstairs in the back? Can you check that out for me? Thanks!

You go through the buffet to the back where the pizza is and go down one flight of stairs! Enjoy!! We sure did!!

Vicki

OOPS!! I just noticed that Stitch was logged in on my laptop! This is Mach reporting about the sail away from Galveston on the Ecstasy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am pleased to announce that my luggage, and all the luggage of my friends, arrived in our cabins unmolested.

EXCELLENT boat drill and sail away!! We were away at 4:05 and we're now out in the Gulf! COLD and WINDY but, hey, I'm CRUISIN'!!!!

:D

My friends boyfriend is on a cruise out Galveston right now. He took rumrunners. He was worried at first because his lugguge was late, after sail away. But it came and everything was there and nothing had been touched. Bags were unlocked as well.;)

On 1/31 -- no problems, and I left the suitcase unlocked and not tie wrapped... I had bottles in orginal packaging and others in water bottles and two bottles of wine... Still, between the three of us we charged over $1000... and brought home a couple bottles of bought Baileys...

We had a great cruise and no problems...

Archived