Help! Belize with a Little One.

MrsWhite831

We will be in Belize the 3rd week of March on the NCL jewel- Myself (26), DH (27), sis (24), sis bf (23) and my 15 month old son.

Does anyone know of ANY tours/excursions (we've already booked a beach break in costa maya and a city/wildlife tour in roatan) that are toddler friendly? We had all wanted to do cave tubing but it's looking like it's not really an option.

we are in the same situation, me (31) dh (30) ds (2) and other ds (4). I have been scouraging these boards to find something to do that wont cost an-arm-and-a-leg and will be fun for the boys. I think I'm going to book bannister island, more beach time, the kids will enjoy and hubby can do the snorkling option.

cant go wrong with the beach (unless it's pouring of course);)

I agree with the above post, Bannister Beach Break is really the best option with small children in Belize. Last year I told my DD and SIL to pick an excursion, they did the fishing and enjoyed it very much, and DH and I stayed on the ship with their toddler. We had been to Belize before and we had the swimming pool almost to ourselves. This year we are going to do the Beach Break since they pick you up at the ship you don't have to tender in and then take more transportation to get to something else. If I am not mistaken some of the private tour companies will allow a small child to ride with the adult on the tube, but when we went cave tubing it was a fairly long walk thru the forrest to the part of the river where you get in, so you might have to be prepared to carry the children and your tube if they get tired. Have you considered letting some of your party going cave tubing and part of you going to Bannister?

We just came back from the NCL Spirit on Sunday. In Costa Maya we did the Maya Chan Beach break, in Santo Thomas we did the waterfalls with Go with Gus, in Belize we did the Captian Your Own Boat with Coral Breeze, and in Cozumal we swam with the dolphins. We had me, DH, DS (11) and DD (6). All of us had a great time and all of our activities were perfect with the kids.

Hope this helps,

Kristina

I would agree that cave tubing isn't an activity for a 15mo baby. A 6 year old can handle it okay. A larger active 4 yearold, maybe. Still a long walk. Outside of the Beach break, you might consider the city tour and the zoo, which isn't really a zoo, more like game preserve that also treats injured widl animals, but even that might be too much for a 15mo old to handle and certain not exciting for 20 somethings. You could alternate guys/girls going to the tourist village and wandering around just to get off the ship. And leave the baby with which ever pair is staying behind.

We will be in Belize the 3rd week of March on the NCL jewel- Myself (26), DH (27), sis (24), sis bf (23) and my 15 month old son.

Does anyone know of ANY tours/excursions (we've already booked a beach break in costa maya and a city/wildlife tour in roatan) that are toddler friendly? We had all wanted to do cave tubing but it's looking like it's not really an option.

there is 20 min ride to shore ,than other 30 min ride to Ban., island ,sea can be wery rocky.I did not take chance with 2 year old.we just went horse carrage ride trip its 1 hour ,but honest to say I would not leave the ship if I would know how poor and unsafe City is.My opinion theres is nothing to do with baby in Belize .

Archived