atv ride in cabo

moorefun

I did the ATV's in Cabo when I stayed there a year or so ago...it was a blast. I think there is only 1 place that does it (don't remember the name) but they are on the Marina and easy to find as there is a small parking lot full of the ATV's...you ride through town and then on dirt roads out to the old light house...great Pacific views! there are also some tracks that you can ride around on. I had never been on an ATV so going through town was a bit intimidating for me at first but the guides were great!...I think it was about 4hrs

I read about a couple of places on the Marina that offer the tours. No web sites that I could find. The costs range from about 50-70.00 pp. there are single and double atv's and prices vary becuase of that. They provide helmets, googles and a bandana. If it were me I would bring my own stuff because they are reused and I don't want to have a bandana on my face that was just used by some one else. Sweat and germs. Gross.

I'm not into sharing that kind of stuff. The veiws are supposed to be great and you will visit a lighthouse, don't know if it's operational or not, but it sounds cool.

I have tried to contact CaboReal that has an ATV excursion on their private property (Desert Park) to no avial by email. I will be using the telephone soon. the phone number given on their website is 011-52-624-144-0127 or 011-52-624-144-0030 ext 1163. Wish me look and good luck to anyone that wants to go on an ATV that is not on public streets. Pat

I contacted a company called Baja´s Atv´s & Watersports. My biggest concern is the fact that our boat docks at 8:00 am and the tour is at 9:00. This is what I wrote:

Hello! I will be sailing with NCL Star the first week of May. Our ship

> docks at 8:00 and I was wondering if you have problems with customers

making> it to your tour starting point by 9:00? Please let me know as I would

like> to make arrangments.

> Thank You,

> Christie

Here is the response I got back:

"We don´t have problem if you arrive at 9:00 o´clock.

Do you want to make reservation now?"

Has anyone used this company?? Not sure if I can make it on time???

Thanks

Christie

We are on the phone now with Desert Park ATV at Cabo Real Resort. Had to call 011-52-624-144-0127. They are open for business. You can call them and make reservations. They will pick up and drop off at the tender site. For $70 single $80 double rider (kids?). They said the email was desertpark2004@yahoo.com.mx this is different from what I found (through Cabo Real). For anyone else interested, I wish you luck

• 1 month later...

I, too, have been in contact with Desert Park. I would like to use them but I am having trouble confirming my trip with them. The instructions that they sent details a lengthy wire transfer process (not too sure I want to go that route). Has anyone had a positive experience with this outfit? I may just book the ATV tour with shoretrips.com.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My husband and 9-year old son did the ATV tour offered through the cruiseline (Princess) last week and had an awesome time.

They were picked up at the pier and taken out into the "country" for a crash course (no pun intended) and a ride through desert areas, sand dunes beaches and somewhere called Glacial Park. It was $119 per vehicle (which they shared)...which may be more than you can do it for on your own...but with the short time we were in Cabo for (7am-1:30pm) it was worth the peace of mind knowing they would bring them back to the pier on time.

Just something to think about if you're not there for long. They had never done it before and said it was worth every penny; the highlight of their trip!

I have been contacting the Desert Park company several times on the computer. I just keep asking questions and they answer back pretty quick. I also got there "wire transfer" email which I didn't understand. As I was looking it over and trying to decide about calling my credit union for advice another email came in with an attachment. It was a reservation form they had filled out for me, including all the information I had previously given them. They said fill out the extra stuff like the drivers name and our information and just ok it and return it again by email. Now my question is how do I send the $20 non-refundable deposit? I am leary about sending my credit card number thru unsecured mail.

Sooo... I will write back again tomorrow and ask what to do. As I said they seem professional enough through the email but I sure hope the tour is good enough after all the time spent emailing back and forth. I will post my answer from them when I get it.

Guess I could break down and call using the posted phone numbers and get it done over the phone. I wouldn't mind giving my CC number that way I guess.

Twocats,

DesertPark seems to be very responsive with their emails. The only thing I do not like about them is the reservation process. I would prefer a secure Internet site where I could make may reservations and provide a deposit. I have been considering two other ATV trips because of this fact. The only downfall is these trips are a little more pricey; but I guess maybe sometimes you get what you pay for. The one trip can be found on www.shoretrips.com and the other trip is at www.cabomagic.com The cabomagic is a private excursion where it would only be you and your family plus Benjamin the tour guide. They appear to be a very professional operation and respond promptly to emails. They accept deposits through PayPal ($20 / ATV) with the balance due upon arrival in Cabo (strictly cash once you arrive in Cabo). If you wish, you can pay for the whole trip up front but I'm not very comfortable doing this. Hope the info helps. If anyone has utilized either one of these companies, please respond with your experiences. Thanks.

I contacted Desert Park and they willing accepted a money order by mail. Sent it off today, I am very satisfied with things as they are now. I will post upon my return in May regarding the trip itself.

Archived