Trying to avoid the customer service desk?

Tquinn1

Hello cruisers,

Can anyone tell me when you pay to set up a separate cash account on a seapass? Do you pay/set up at the pier prior to boarding or do you need to go to the customer service desk after boarding? We are using one credit card but one person just wants to set up with a separate/very minimal amount ($150-200) for their own sodas or coffees. Trying to avoid the CS desk and have proper/signed docs printed and signed prior to boarding..... Thanks!

I am not 100% certain, but I do believe he or she can still set this up at the pier. Of course, with such a modest account, he or she might very well have to head to the pursers desk on board if the limit is reached. Conversely, he or she will have to go to the pursers desk before debarkation if there is any credit left.

Recently a woman posted a review where her husband wasn't allowed to debark. He had to go wait in line at the purser for a refund of less than a dollar:eek:

The last time one in our party was doing a cash account & the money had to be deposited onboard at the CS desk...it wasn't a problem at all..and you don't have to do it immediatly on boarding..you can wait till later when there are no lines. You can also go down the last nigth & close out your account & just make sure not to charge anything else..then there would be no need to stand in line the last morning..if they don't want to do that if you go very early & the lines won't be to bad...

I am not 100% certain, but I do believe he or she can still set this up at the pier. Of course, with such a modest account, he or she might very well have to head to the pursers desk on board if the limit is reached. Conversely, he or she will have to go to the pursers desk before debarkation if there is any credit left.

Recently a woman posted a review where her husband wasn't allowed to debark. He had to go wait in line at the purser for a refund of less than a dollar:eek:

We had just the opposite experience. We had~$27 left on the account but did not feel like waiting in line in the morning, so we just left. Nobody stopped us. Couple of days later I called the corp guest services in Miami and they informed me that as soon as our folio shows up on the corporate computers and it's verified they will make a refund either by check or to a designated CC. Sure enough 2 days later they called and wanted to know how I want the money to be refunded. About a week later a credit showed up on my CC.

To the OP. Yes, your friend will need to see the GS. The best way to do it is as soon as she gets on the ship. Usually no lines or very minimal as most passengers are running up to WJ. And she does not need to get a refund on the ship as long as she can wait.

Archived