Shopping Information for Fort Lauderdale

ontariogirl

We are staying at the Gallery One Doubletree Hotel on E. Sunrise Blvd. prior to our Feb. 23rd cruise. We hope to get to the Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall. Does anyone know how far from the hotel it is, how much a taxi would cost, or if there is public transportation from this hotel to the mall?;) Also, does anyone know if there is a place to purchase wine close to this hotel?

Ontario girl, the galleria mall is right in the middle of tons of stores and shopping centers on US1, off hand I don't know exactly what stores are nearby to buy wine and liquor (I have never gone to that are looking for such), but I assure you there will be places very nearby, tons of stores in that area...

As far as getting to sawgrass, there is public transportation information on google maps, just go to google, then click on the tab up to for maps, you can use these two addresses:

Galleria Fort Lauderdale

2414 East Sunrise Boulevard

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304

Sports Authority (In sawgrass mills mall)

12801 West Sunrise Boulevard

Sunrise, FL 33323

The bus trip will take approximately 1 1/2 hours and cost $1.50.

p.s. - You are staying in a pretty nice part of Fort Lauderale, however, if you take the bus to sawgrass, you will be going through some of the worst areas of Ft. Lauderdale... personally I would not recommend you take the bus, but cab fare would probably be $50-$70 each way...

p.s. - You are staying in a pretty nice part of Fort Lauderale, however, if you take the bus to sawgrass, you will be going through some of the worst areas of Ft. Lauderdale... personally I would not recommend you take the bus, but cab fare would probably be $50-$70 each way...

I agree that it would not be advisable to ride the bus through those neighborhoods. I'm scared to drive through there by myself.

Archived