Much better Poesia reviews..

MTL=CRUISEFAMILY

I hadn't been in the main REVIEWS section of this site for a while, monitoring the POESIA REVIEWS.

I took a look moments ago, read a handful of recent reviews, and it seems there is a drastic improvement in satisfaction levels from reviewers.

The start of the season seemed tough, so, for those like me, who may be cruising shortly give them a look, I definately felt better about my choice.

Ciao!

Of course there are favorable reviews, just seems like when someone is negative it takes so much more to undo. The same complaints on MSC are found on other lines too...just read the negatives on all of them. I really think most of this is just from negative people. I do understand that the dynamics of each cruise changes with the passengers. Some times you have older, sometimes younger...sometimes lots of kids, sometimes not as many. It all changes the flavor of the cruise. I really think that it is up to you to get involved and embrace what this cruise ship has to offer without comparing. We do compare but all pales in comparing with our MSC cruises. We have done 9 RCI and MSC far surpasses RCI in staff friendliness, quality of food, beautify of ships, theater entertainment, amount of dancing, fun around the pool! MSC has quickly become a real treat for us to go on after 2 Caribbean sailings on MSC. We so look forward to our third, Nov 1- 11 doing Panama, Mexico, jamaica, Costa Rica and Columbia. I have some really good excursions planned if anyone is thinking of this cruise let me know. Willing to share info.

Cam, I must say you are wrong, not everyone has the same experience sailing on the same ship. The review they give is what they experienced and they are not negative people. You seem to be a professional poster and have racked up 638 in 2 years that is alot,not sure if you just have too much time on your hands or your trying to hype up a particular cruise line. Food on the Poesia seems to be not too good from the concensus, we are sailing in march and I will give a honest review. We just sailed CCL Freedom in Jan 2010 and the food wasn't without its problems,was ok but could have been better and we are not complainers or negative people were are looking to have a great time and I love italian food so lets hope I am in for a treat. Ciao

Yes, I was also just looking at the main reviews section and really nice to see about 6 or 7 new positive reviews about Poesia. Am on her on Oct. 8 in Canada/New England cruise and really looking forward to it. I've cruised enough to know to take everything you read with a grain of salt but it is nice to finally see some positive reviews instead of mostly negative ones. Take a look!

Basically the same thing happened with the Orchestra...negative reviews until Management became aware and tweaked some things...for the American market and VOILA positive reviews started pouring in. Richard Sasso (CEO) seems to be a very hands on type of guy...and he wants a good...if not great product....so if he has anything to say about it....you'll have a great cruise! at least thats MHO!:D

Andy

I do not like your implications at all. I love to cruise and found a wonderful experience both times on MSC Caribbean cruises. Not only speaking for myself but both times we sat with other people who loved the food too. If I had an entree that I was not thrilled about and never asked for something else, maybe then I would say I could not find anything good to eat. This was not the case. The veal, the chicken, the duck and the lamb dishes were better on MSC than other lines we have taken recently. By you saying you are going soon and YOU will post YOUR opinion on the food translates that YOU are the food expert and what you find will be the truth. It is ONLY YOUR truth, as mine is MY truth. WE LOVED the food. And on every night of our 10 night cruise we food fantastic appetizers as well as entrees. I witnessed Americans salting and salting the food prior to tasting. The real italian cooking ( as told to me by a fellow table mate who is a italian cook) is simple sauces that bring out the flavors of the meat, not to taste the spices. The food we thought was wonderful, and a real highlight. We are very picky too. I understand that every person has different tastes, that is why you should order more than one entree if you are not happy.My 600 and some posts in 2 yrs is no more than 2 a day.....that is not a very big deal when you think I take 3 cruises a year! I like researching and meeting others to do excursions with.... And I am glad I have the time to do it!!

Weilhung

I find your criticism of Cam particularly unfair on 2 counts

1. you have yet to sail with MSC so are currently unqualified to argue with any opinion she has and to insinuate that her perceptions are untrue whereas your are

2.she averages less than a post a day, so I hardly think that makes her either a professional poster or someone with no lives. if you go to the ports of call section you will find many many people who like Cam enjoy cruising and like to research before they go on a cruise - a significant number will have a posting average of just under 1 per day. Now if she were posting 20 or more per day, I'd see your point.

No doubt you will no wish to accse me of the same things you accussed Cam of......I have enjoyed every cruise I've had with MSC. I'm neither stupid nor naive enough to think that everyone will share my views or experiences. They happen to be right for me,for my personality, preferences and tastes. We are not all the same (thankfully), so many will not and in fact have not enjoyed this cruiseline in the way Cam and I do. All that meaans is that we have different preferences and views, not that someone has to be wrong or not telling the truth. Other than factual events, the truth is so subjective and coloured by people's past experiences and preferences that there will never be one single truth about any single cruise or anything else for that matter.

Archived