some thoughts on our first cruise

gerry48

hi, wife and I just returned from our first cruise which was on splendor from long beach.

we had a fabulous time! the ship was a bit on the pink side but not a big deal. the service,cleanliness and entertainment were all great in our opinion.

the food was not quite as good as we expected but that would not deter us from cruising carnival again. we have done disneyworld the last 4 years straight and this trip was such a nice stress reliever.

we are even thinking about a caribbean cruise in october!

do many others go on 2 cruises a year or is that a bit excessive?

I am stressed out a lot due to my job and just feel so much better after this vacation.

Glad you had a good time.

One of the things I love about a cruise is that it does get you away from everything work related.

I have found if we do a land vacation, hubby is still checking emails and voice mail....

No...two a year is not excessive.. :D

I started cruising because of a stressful job. Land travel did not relieve the stress like cruising which provided a good combo of relaxing and traveling.

Not much packing involved.

Eat most meals onboard with little decision making.

Most costs planned up front.

Great service on the ship.

Do as little or as much as you like including the up front research.

Go when the time is right for your schedule.

There is NOTHING like a cruise to de-stress and relax you! You are away from everything and you are taken care of, pampered and fed! All you have to do is sit back and relax! Clears the mind and soul!

After my first cruise I booked another right away! Its a disease..........you have the cruise bug and the only cure is more cruises!!!:D

I am glad you had a good time. The food is always a hit or miss. I have always had a good experience with the food on Carnival. The Splendor is a beautiful ship and I am tentatively planning on March 2011 sailing.

I have been able to do two a year since 2007, but the money is running out in the account and I got to save each month to afford to cruise. I did three cruises last year and I totally agree--three is just right!!!! Every four months is perfect timing to cruise!!!

Now, if I could talk to the nice folks at Canada Customs and Revenue Agency and plead/cry/beg for them to give me a very healthy tax refund...you know, give me 50%+ of the $8000 I have spent on dental bills last year back so I can put 50% of the money back in the account for cruising and pay off some of the credit line I took for the dental treatments!

Perhaps I should be doing the "Please draw my numbers tonight" dance to the Lotto God........

I started cruising because of a stressful job. Land travel did not relieve the stress like cruising which provided a good combo of relaxing and traveling.

Not much packing involved.

Eat most meals onboard with little decision making.

Most costs planned up front.

Great service on the ship.

Do as little or as much as you like including the up front research.

Go when the time is right for your schedule.

Enough said....I try for 2 a year, one long, one short, but will do 3 this year if I can work the schedule right.

Two of my favorite posters...

Linda (LHP) and Boo Boo....

I have a simple answer to the original question...

check out my sig...

I also have a very stressful job with the lives of 5500 children

in my hands every day...(and I am like the guy in the

Burger King commercial...I have small hands)

We started with out first cruise in Oct. 2005...

we are up to 12 now.

Soon you will be saying....is THREE too many?

Archived