Tipping involved in Chef's Table experience?

kymbakitty

I posted this question on the tale end of a post about the Chef's Table in general, but I think it went unnoticed.

I apologize in advance if the answer has been asked/answered many times over, but I can't seem to locate it via search.

With all the discussions about tipping at the Specialty restaurants, it made me wonder what is protocol for tipping at the end of dinner for the Chef's Table experience?

If so, to whom do you tip? Any guidance on this topic would be most appreciated. This is one place I wouldn't want to have to leave and run to the ATM because we were not prepared!!!!!

Thanks!

Dawn

I was hoping that would have been the case--but you just never know.

Truth be told, I am pretty surprised how much most people tip (average seems to be about $20 per couple) in the Specialty restaurants.

Thanks!

Dawn

We have not tipped in the Crown Grill, there really isn't any place/time where it would have been accepted. Unless you just left it on the table I would think tipping would be awkward. Jan

I've been lucky enough to go to the Chef's Table 4 times! I have never seen anyone tip (and I never have)

I usually didn't tip at the specialty restaurants but on my last cruise in January, there was a place for a tip on the bill I signed (I don't recall seeing that before) I left $10 total for the 2 of us. I travel with my son and he is charged half price for the meal.

Archived