Voyager Promenade room - which one???

doublej

We love deck 8 on the Voyager class ships .. near the center. No problems with noise except during parades and we are normally down in the Promenade anyway. Except for parade times I understand there are no problems with noise on decks 6 and 7 either.

We love deck 8 on the Voyager class ships .. near the center. No problems with noise except during parades and we are normally down in the Promenade anyway. Except for parade times I understand there are no problems with noise on decks 6 and 7 either.

How is the view from deck 8. I know the window is pitched. We had a promenade on deck 7 and are on deck 8 for our next cruise.

We were just on her last month. Some people we were with had cabins 6289 and adjoining cabin 6287. I heard many complaints from them during the cruise about the noise. One of the guys said he would never get one of those rooms again. They were over the Sports Bar, and the Pig and Whistle was across the Promenade from their cabins where they held karoke some nights, and Derke Lewis also performed there on other nights. It was really loud because they use microphones. I really felt sorry for the people that had cabins right above the Pig and Whistle.

The parades were a non-issue on noise because they only lasted 10 to 15 minutes. They weren't late at night either. I think 10pm? They only had them a couple of nights, they don't have them everynight.

We were in PR cabin 6611 on Explorer and loved the location. It was right by the elevators (never head any noise), and it overlooked the Guest Relations Desk at the beginning of the Promenade. No noise, no problems. PR cabins are a great way to save some $$$ and still have a "view." Have fun!!!

Karen

Archived