Tim Kaminski???

EileenN

I understand Tim Kaminski has recently left the Jewel for vacation. Does anyone know if he is returning to the Jewel or what his plans are for the next few months? We were looking forward to seeing him on board in April. I have heard many good reviews about him.

TSU Mom- if he is there when you are aboard...ask him if he has finished knitting the panties out of dental floss- it will crack him up- my husband told him that I had laughed so hard that I peed my pants and that Tim owed him a new pair...so for the next 2 weeks Tim said that he was busy knitting --collecting dental floss and knitting panties. If I am to have dental floss panties I want them not from "collected" floss, but directly from the box--at least they'd be hygenic and minty fresh. We had dozens of people asking him about them--At one point he stood in the Azura and asked how many people did we know!;)

My DH and I will be on the Jewel March 28th. Hope we are lucky enough to have Tim back on board as cruise director. A great director makes all the difference and Tim sound as if he's just that. I don't think we have him on any of cruises but would like to meet him. This will be our 2nd time on the Jewel and 8th NCL cruise. We adore freestyle cruising!

I understand that Tim is a performer, comedian. Who is the CD? hoping for Paul Baya in April. He was on the Dawn with us many times.

on our 24 January sailing TIM should have been the CD...he was FANTASTIC and EVERYWHERE and so PERSONAL...we really ENJOYED him as a PERFORMER and just is a REGULAR GREAT GUY!!!

the CD- QUE was pretty much 'absent' on this cruise and we did not think HE or his staff other than the funny Jamaican (sorry cant remember his name) did a GOOD job...but TIM....YESSSSSSSSS--he made up for them!!!!

EileenN - Paul Baya is back onboard the Jewel. He transferred over to the Jewel two weeks after I sailed with him on the Norwegian Sky in mid-January. I don't know when he's on vacation though.

Que was a great CD. During the week we were on he wasn't around much the beginning of the week because he was sick. :cool: Great guy though and I had a nice talk with him and tons of laughs at the end of the cruise. :)

During our cruise someone had broccolli delivered to his (tim) stateroom at some obscure hour of the morning. :eek: I don't know what that was about but I know he wasn't too happy about it.

Edited by CruisinMaterial

During our cruise someone had broccolli delivered to his (tim) stateroom at some obscure hour of the morning. :eek: I don't know what that was about but I know he wasn't too happy about it.
He evidently tells a joke about broccoli that is pretty funny (we didn't hear the joke). We were having dinner in Cagney's with a couple who did hear Tim tell the joike, and Tim was having dinner with his wife and the CD at the next table. Our friends ordered a plate of broccoli delivered to Tim's table. At dinner, he thought it was pretty funny. I can imagine what he thought in the middle of the night.

• 1 month later...

Tim rules!! :D

Actually the whole staff that were present on our sailing on the Jewel seemed to have an excellent rapport with each other and the passengers. How could you NOT have fun after this greeting...

2096779500044007101uGlZSL_th.jpg....and we weren't even on the ship yet!

The entire mesh of crew onboard with the entertainers from JAR, Tim and the Senior Staff onboard which is spear-headed by John O'Hara and Paul Baya (CD) just made this Spring Break cruise the most incredible vacation for me. I still haven't shut up about it and it's driving everyone nuts where I work and where I go to school. They wish I took a permanent vacation to have me stop talking about it! LOL :D

Anyone know if Tim is still onboard. Tomorrow is the last Miami turnaround for the Jewel as it is repositioning to NYC.

• 7 years later...

In the minority here.

Tim was on 2 different cruises I was on, over a year apart.

We went to the first show and were not that amused or entertained. My kids went to see him on the second cruise, apparently his act hadn't changed and was almost exact as the show we saw.

While it appears he is improvising, he actually is choosing volunteers to match his schtick, and recycles his one liners over and over again.