Pearl - Alaska ... and Pool!

oliverweagle

We are looking at Alaska in 2011 and the Pearl seems to suit all our wishes - other than I have found that the pool does not appear to be covered. The thing is, our 9 year old LOVES to swim! Is the pool on the pearl useable in Alaska in June, or do you think I should look for a ship that has a covered pool ... any ideas?

Thank you,

Ollie.:confused:

We are looking at Alaska in 2011 and the Pearl seems to suit all our wishes - other than I have found that the pool does not appear to be covered. The thing is, our 9 year old LOVES to swim! Is the pool on the pearl useable in Alaska in June, or do you think I should look for a ship that has a covered pool ... any ideas?

Thank you,

Ollie.:confused:

We were on the Pearl to Alaska last year last week of May. It was, for the most part, cold. Yes, there were some hearty souls using the pool but do not expect warm, Caribbean weather. I think Alaska weather can be hit or miss that time of year. Pearl is a great ship and we loved the beauty of Alaska, but did not go into it thinking we were going to be soaking up the sun.

I've been on some Alaska cruises where it was warm enough to use the pool (even early May) and some when it wasn't.

I'm a big fan of the Pearl, but honestly---if the pool is a MUST have, you may be best looking for another line to sail Alaska

2559817510103612788S600x600Q85.jpg

DD9 swimming while we cruise Glacier Bay

Looks like she is doing the butterfly with very good arm position :D!. With her head down and legs kicking together she may make the Olympics someday, LOL:)!

Seriously, she looks like she is having a blast in the pool. We are looking forward to taking our kids to Alaska on the Pearl in August.

Looks like she is doing the butterfly with very good arm position :D!. With her head down and legs kicking together she may make the Olympics someday, LOL:)!

Seriously, she looks like she is having a blast in the pool. We are looking forward to taking our kids to Alaska on the Pearl in August.

Thanks, she is doing the butterfly. She was preparing for her recreational league finals the day following our return. lol. So far, no interest from the folks in Colorado Springs ;)

Thanks, she is doing the butterfly. She was preparing for her recreational league finals the day following our return. lol. So far, no interest from the folks in Colorado Springs ;)

Michael Phelps will say that he was not all that great at 9 either. He wound up doing pretty well as a swimmer.:D

I hope she did well and that she continues swimming my favorite stroke to swim and coach!

Michael Phelps will say that he was not all that great at 9 either. He wound up doing pretty well as a swimmer.:D

I hope she did well and that she continues swimming my favorite stroke to swim and coach!

You never know, for sure. But, Phelps started swimming at as a 7yo and held a national record by the time he was 10! ;)

I am, of course, very proud of both of my swimmers. DD has been in the pool since she was 9 months old and DS was in the pool at 2 weeks. Both kids continue to improve in all 4 strokes. The important thing is that we have a great time as a family and they still enjoy swimming - even in Glacier Bay!

The Pearl is a fantastic ship for Alaska and the pool is very usable if the weather cooperates. Hope you all have as much fun as we did!

• 1 year later...

Archived