Shore Excursion - Caribbean Pirates Extravaganza

leah26cat

A group of six of us have booked the Caribbean Pirates Extravaganza in St Lucia. My eighty-two year old grandmother is one of the group. She is pretty energetic for an eighty-two year old.

I have read on this site where some people have said it is quite difficult to get into the boats to go to shore. I was just wondering how difficult this excursion is and whether or not someone of my grandmother's age should be doing it. :confused:

We did this tour last spring and had a great time. It was lots of fun. Getting from the pirate ship into the small boat is a bit of a challenge, but the crew was great and will help. The most difficult part was getting out of the little boat and up to the dock at the shore, and back into the little boat again. But I'm a fluffy 60 and made it ok with a little help. DD and I went to the beach, got ice cream at the snack shack, but did not hike to the fort. There are some ruins you can see from the beach trail though. DH opted to stay on the pirate ship and enjoy the rum punch during the hour or so we were ashore. He had fun too!

Archived