Partitions between balconies

yorkiemomjn

Does anyone know if we have the option of having the balcony partition folded back or removed between two cabins. Years ago, on one of the mega ships, we were traveling with 3 other couples and we were able to have them removed between all our cabins. I did a search about this, but did not find anything except something about the partitions being partially removed during a fire drill.

Thanks!:)

Judy

Does anyone know if we have the option of having the balcony partition folded back or removed between two cabins. Years ago, on one of the mega ships, we were traveling with 3 other couples and we were able to have them removed between all our cabins. I did a search about this, but did not find anything except something about the partitions being partially removed during a fire drill.

Judy

It can be done! DW & I had an OS (starboard on deck 7) a year ago this month. Two couples had the two smaller cabins between the 2 OSs (does that sound right?) They did get O to remove the partition. I'm sure one could get them removed anywhere...that's if the partitions are removable between any two staterooms.

The partitions are not actually removable but they can be folded back. In fact a couple of weeks ago on our last trip on Nautica the partitions were opened for cleaning the verandas. I would think that if guests in both cabins requested it the ship would open it for you.

Steve

Judy

My husband and I were on the Regatta in December. Our cabin was next door to my sister and her husband. We asked for the partition to be opened up between the balconies.....It was not only opened...the partition was removed for the entire trip.

• 3 weeks later...

While they can be folded back for cleaning (they drag hoses from one end of the ship to the other through the balconies), they have to be removed if they are to stay open. That's because when they are folded back, in most cases they overlap the glass, plus I don't think they have any way to fasten them in the open position when the ship is moving.

The problem with removal is that they have to be stowed somewhere. According to the reports I've heard, the answer can vary from one cruise to another. It may depend on how much room they can find to store the partitions without having to move them really far, and how much time the staff can devote to the effort. Of course, it may also depend on which side of the bed the supervisor for those crew members got up from that morning!

Having said that, there are enough reports about success of having them removed, I'd say it is definitely worth asking. I would also put a lot of emphasis on the way the question is asked.

Having said that, there are enough reports about success of having them removed, I'd say it is definitely worth asking. I would also put a lot of emphasis on the way the question is asked.

That is true about so many things, isn't it?

On the Marina, the veranda partitions can be folded back and locked, or released very easily. It's very like a very high end kitchen cabinet hinge.

The partitions on Marina are a big improvement on the R ship set up.

Having given this some thought, I think I would prefer if the partitions were NOT opened because there would likely be much more noise that would occur on that newly-created, larger balcony that would certainly be less pleasurable for the adjoining neighbors who are not part of the group.

There are plenty of public spaces for people to congregate together. One of the greatest pleasures in having a balcony is for the quiet times to be enjoyed there.

Having given this some thought, I think I would prefer if the partitions were NOT opened because there would likely be much more noise that would occur on that newly-created, larger balcony that would certainly be less pleasurable for the adjoining neighbors who are not part of the group.

There are plenty of public spaces for people to congregate together. One of the greatest pleasures in having a balcony is for the quiet times to be enjoyed there.

Agreed, but sometimes, the four of us enjoy quite times together on the privacy of our balcony............... :)

Stan and Jim, how do you know these details about the Marina already? I figured I would have to wait until the first cruise ended to find out this kind of information (which I'd already wondered about). I assume the partitions are full height. I looked at the photo of the Marina closely to try to tell, but it doesn't look like there are even any partitions in that photo.

Marilyn

It can be done! DW & I had an OS (starboard on deck 7) a year ago this month. Two couples had the two smaller cabins between the 2 OSs (does that sound right?) They did get O to remove the partition. I'm sure one could get them removed anywhere...that's if the partitions are removable between any two staterooms.

We are taking our first cruise in April on Oceania Insignia and have been assigned one of the smaller cabins between the 2 OS on Deck 7. Do I need to be concerned about motion in this location? I think I'm about average when it comes to motion sickness in cars. Never really get sick as long as I look straight ahead most of the time.

Stan and Jim, how do you know these details about the Marina already

We know about the Marina because we have been aboard her! :)

Stan and I were lucky enough to have been invited by Oceania to visit the Marina in her Fincantieri drydock.

We also got to attend the steel cutting of Oceanias' soon to be newest ship, Riviera.

Archived