Hello All.. I'm new and I need info on Valor..

Mrsdeedee

We'll hello everybody. :) I just happened to stumble on to this website and I'm glad I have. I am planning a cruise in Nov during Thanksgiving break aboard the Carnival Valor. I orginally wanted to go on Glory but there not doing the Eastern intenary that week.

I first sailed aboard Carnival Victory in April of 2003 and that's when I became hooked. Everything was perfect except the boat losing power for almost a whole day and us having to use the steps instead of an elevator. That's when we docked in Cozumel and it was the worst. (I enjoyed Cozumel though)Other than that I really enjoyed myself. This time were taking the kids. Ages 8 and 5 so the more info on children activites the better. I'm surprised no one has posted a review on the member review board about the Valor. I love reading everyone comments. I was reading about the Triumph because I was considering that boat as well but I opted for the newer boat. I'm kind of disappointed everyone is saying they all have the same layout. Has anyone had a quad room? I hear that's what we will have and I'm having trouble imagining it. Also does anyone know if they cut down on the midnight buffets? My dh loved that about Victory and we had one every night. I hear on the newer ships it's only 2-3 times a week. Are the staterooms any different? As you can see I'm excited. I wish I knew how to put a count down on my profile. I'll keep playing with it.

DeeDee

DeeDee-Like you I just happened to stumble on to this site two days ago. To you I say that you will enjoy the Valor, we just returned from W Crib on 1/16, and have nothing but good things to say about the boat. Any specifics please ask.

Just search here for Valor reviews.. and there are quite a few.. including my own.. To find mine just click on my name and then click on what threads that I started.. you will find my belated reveiw.. plus there are others here too..

Mrsdee and hamster - You'll be glad you found this site! great people and great help with questions.

I can't help too much with the Valor because we won't be on her until October (a Cruise Critic Group cruise). You should be able to find out all you want to know and more here.

Thank you. I just visted the website that was recommended and I was able to see a couple of pictures. I'm also glad to know they still have the midnight buffets. My dh was becoming worried. Wish me luck I hate to say it but this will be my first vacation with the kids.. I'm hoping it goes well. I look foward to speaking to all of you.

MrsDeeDee-Trust me you will have no problems with the food, thank goodness my bathroom scale broke about x-mas time and was never replaced, my wife and I ate to our hearts content. The deserts at the midnite buffets were to kill for. There were food stops that we never stopped at, the sushi bar was only open in the evening, we had the early seating, so weren't really hungry till later:) . But after the early show and before the late night comedy show there was enough time for a quick snack and a drink. We didn't have many kids on board but the ones that were there seemed to have a good time and it seemed as if they kept busy.

The midnight buffets were great except that we weren't too impressed with the Gala Buffet. But, when we were exploring the ship on the night of the Gala buffet, we did find on one of the upper outside decks a skylight that you could look down and see the people setting up the ice carvings, etc for the Gala Buffet. There was no one but the two of us there so it is out of the way, and fun just to watch the preparations from above.

Will be able to tell you more in about 24 days...when we depart from Miami on a W Crib adventure aboard the Valor enjoying our 1st cruise ever! These boards have been sooooo helpful, I have all my 'cheat sheets' and plan to put them to good use when we're on board. Welcome!

Archived