Hotwire and priceline pricing

annej

hi - has anyone used hotwire or priceline for a pre cruise stay in vancouver? i was looking for hotels and didn't know whether the entertainment district was preferable to the downtown area (they look close to each other) - we plan to rely on public transportation and not have a car.

Also, we have heard that sometimes the "starts" that a hotel is given are not always accurate. for the most part have you been happy with using that way of booking rooms, it certainly seems like a savings off of the regular price

hi - has anyone used hotwire or priceline for a pre cruise stay in vancouver? i was looking for hotels and didn't know whether the entertainment district was preferable to the downtown area (they look close to each other) - we plan to rely on public transportation and not have a car.

Also, we have heard that sometimes the "starts" that a hotel is given are not always accurate. for the most part have you been happy with using that way of booking rooms, it certainly seems like a savings off of the regular price

I just picked up the hyatt grand regency for $120 with a $209 going price so I am happy!

You will likely want to focus on the downtown area if you dont have a car..

You want the downtown area. The 'entertainment' district is the south side of the downtown peninsula, where as 'downtown' is the north side (nearer the cruise terminal). There are a couple of websites dedicated to helping you such as BETTER BIDDING . COM (and another one that shall remain nameless due to the whackjob that runs it)

If you're using Public Transportation, the City Hall area is also close to the subway line that runs from the airport to downtown (3 blocks from Canada Place cruise terminal)

map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100934763039761071004.000467645fcda21dd87b2&ll=49.272397,-123.104553&spn=0.044409,0.132093&z=14

Also, if you're going to use Public Transportation for a couple of days, buy a book of 10 two-zone transit passes for $28.50 at the airport (in the 7-11 or Pharmasave inside the terminal building), as there's a $5/ea surcharge on single tickets bought at the platform.

Archived