Princess Tallinn Question

starskyfan

Thank you Lair Bear! I've e-mailed the museum for guidance on booking a group for the tunnels...have yet to get a response. Also read on the website that it's closed for another month or two...

Looks like a lovely city to wander through (dh says it looks just like Dubrovnik!) so that in and of itself will be wonderful!

Just wondering...we're arriving on a Friday at 7am but only til 3. We plan to do the walking tour on the Brentje's site...can anyone tell me how much time we should allocate for a leisurely wander on this path?

Also, anyone done the tunnel tours? I'm gathering a group on our roll call to do this but also wonder how long that tour takes and if there are stairs involved as I'm saving my hips for replacement when we return?!;)

Jeani

Jeani

Get the hips done, you will feel like a new person. Had both of mine done in 08 (one in Jan, one in Dec) and never felt better. I did tend to take it a bit easy some days, but walking was no problem. I do remember what it was like before they were done, but in Tallin, you should have no problems. You will have no problem completing the 'walking tour' that is put on these sites. You can always eliminate some things if you feel tired, or just want to stop for a bite to eat, or just to watch the other people walking around. I would say about 4-5 hours is a good time frame and that includes a bit of wandering around on your own, exploring some back alleys and a bit of shopping. So many nice shops and street vendors. And that IS at a very leisurely pace.

Cheers

Len

Thanks Len...just have to make it thru this next cruise!

I was diagnosed (finally) in July but had to get my dh thru illness, then a cruise, then work then another cruise...you can tell what my priorities are!

(work to play, work to play!;))

I might take a pass on the tunnels and just send dh cuz that might be a problem...currently have a group of 13 from our board that want to go so I kinda started the tour group and feel I need to finish the assignment!:o

Jeani

Does anyone have any recommendations for private tours? Our ship will be in Tallinn from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on June 5 and four of us would like to arrange a private tour.

Thank you

Someone on our June 11th roll call is taking a private walking tour with Andrew of EstAdventures. The website is: http://www.estadventures.ee/ if you want to check it out. Apparently they get good reviews and the price is reasonable.

Brenda

Archived