Siddarthaa

Hi everyone!

So much good information here.

Cruising 2/27/05 on Pride (Carnival)

Just wanted to ask if anyone has taken the

"Santa Maria Cove Sail & Snorkel"

OR

"Ecological Snorkel Adventure"?

Both are $69 pp. Both seem to go the Santa Maria....

Just wondering if one was better than the other....any comments welcomed.

Thanks! g.

Our group is heading out on the Pride in 2006; we were on the ship last November. Our message board has a ton of information related to the Pride and the ports of call. You'll have to ignore our group info, but we don't mind sharing.

You'll have to join to access our archived messages. But we don't send out any annoying emails. Our members know to stop by now and then, as the site is updated with new information every day.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/volleyballcruise2006/

We have a shore excursion list for each port of call and additional information on what to do on both the ship and in port. You might find this helpful.

We went on the snorkel and sail trip. It was nice even though it rained. Santa Maria cove it nice and the beach is beautiful. We saw a whale just before we got to the cove. It was worth it. We were there Jan 2 2003. Have a great time.

I think the main difference is the boat you go on. The sail and snorkel used a catamaran when I went and it was fantastic. It was the easiest entry into the water and reboarding onto the boat I've ever experienced. It also becomes a bit of a party boat on the return ride with an open bar and snacks. The ride was also very smooth. I believe the ecological trip is by zodiac which can be very bumpy and I suspect not much walking around or an opportunity to lie down and sun yourself. I can highly recommend the sail and snorkel. I just did it on January 20.

The ride to Santa Maria on the Ecological Snorkel Adventure in the zodiac is a bumpy ride but fun. The main advantage to the zodiac is it is a very small boat and they take you on a great tour of the arch and caves before heading across the bay for snokeling. The snorkeling at Santa Maria is very good. I have taken this tour twice and just loved it both times.

Mike

Another problem with the zodiac can be the air temperature. Someone on the board posted that she froze. On the catamaran they handed out blankets for those who felt chilly. You can always bring a jacket with you so be prepared. The catamaran also went to Los Arcos first but it was not an in depth visit. Just enough time to take some great photos.

Archived