Anyone ever been to Grapeland Waterpark in Miami?

DaniellefromOttawa

Hi!

We drove by this place the last time we were in a shuttle on our way to the port in Miami. It looked like a lot of fun...has anyone ever been there? Or heard anything about it?

http://gomiami.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=gomiami&cdn=travel&tm=9&gps=380_387_1260_540&f=00&su=p284.9.336.ip_p531.50.336.ip_&tt=11&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.miamigov.com/Parks/pages/Grapeland.asp

We're cruising in March and hoping it will re-open for the season before we go...

Thanks

Danielle

Hi

This really isn't a water park as much as it's a pool with a water activity center in it. Just don't want you to think that is a water park like the bigger ones that are popular (Disney's Blizzard Beach, etc.)

I have never been to this particular park. We live in Ft Lauderdale and there is a facility similar to this closer to us. Usually they have sessions that are a couple of hours long and you have to buy a ticket/wristband to get in. This is to keep the crowd to a minimum.

If you are staying at a local hotel w/ a good pool area, I would probably just hang out there instead of heading to a park but that's just my opinion.

Archived