Morning Mile for Ship Shape Dollars

Nope, that program has been discontinued. On our first cruise in 2005 it was Ship Shape, then in 2008 it was Vitality Points, but they said then they were getting rid of it soon. A bummer, we also enjoyed collecting points for activities and getting small items for them at the end of the cruise.

Do they still award ship shape dollars for doing the morning mile? I collected a great drink mug and a work-out towel on the Explorer for just doing the same morning walk I always do! (OK, so it was a bit more scenic and considerably much warmer.)

The drink mug and work-out towel are now, unfortunately, collector's items. ;)

Since RCI has teamed up with The Make-A-Wish Foundation, they now have the Walk for Wishes. It is a $10 donation and you receive a really neat t-shirt. They give you a receipt and it is tax deductible.

You can also participate in the Walk and do not have to donate anything, though you won't get the t-shirt.

Some cruises will have a family cruising on it that is being sponsored by the Foundation.

Thanks to all who replied. I met so many people that were on a ship shape dollar quest on that Explorer cruise. On the last day were we sharing dollars among each other to make sure that everyone was able to have enough for whatever items they were working toward. I guess I can cross that off my list of expectations.

First they eliminated the the horse races ... and now this ...

Since RCI has teamed up with The Make-A-Wish Foundation, they now have the Walk for Wishes. It is a $10 donation and you receive a really neat t-shirt. They give you a receipt and it is tax deductible.

You can also participate in the Walk and do not have to donate anything, though you won't get the t-shirt.

Some cruises will have a family cruising on it that is being sponsored by the Foundation.

Hmm- we didn't get a receipt for tax purposes. I'm not complaining, since I think it is a great program and the shirt was a nice bonus! On our last cruise we had 3 Make-A-Wish kids on our cruise, which made the walk extra special- it really reminded all the participants what good this program does.

Cheers,

Archived