Princess Ship Time VS Island Time

senunit

Hi all! I am going to be on the Crown Princess this March and we are booking a few tours. Particularly tours in Roatan, Cozumel and Cayman. Now my question is, I know the touring companies give us their local time to meet. But is the ship on local time when it arrives to the port?

For example:

In our confirmation it says, Cayman 7 am - 4 pm, Roatan 9 am - 5 pm, and Cozumel 7 a - 5 pm.

Are these based on local times or are these still our American (Florida/Eastern) times?

This is farely crucial because besides arriving to the tour on time, this also helps us make the ship back on time.

Please help us if you have traveled on Princess and can recollect this information. Because currently with one company our return time is 3:30 Cozumel time. If we take into account the 1 hour time difference, then it would be 4:30 ship time and we would be cutting it short. But if the ship departs at 5 local time, then we would have plenty of time.

Thank you in advance and all the best!

Hi all! I am going to be on the Crown Princess this March and we are booking a few tours. Particularly tours in Roatan, Cozumel and Cayman. Now my question is, I know the touring companies give us their local time to meet. But is the ship on local time when it arrives to the port?

For example:

In our confirmation it says, Cayman 7 am - 4 pm, Roatan 9 am - 5 pm, and Cozumel 7 a - 5 pm.

Are these based on local times or are these still our American (Florida/Eastern) times?

This is farely crucial because besides arriving to the tour on time, this also helps us make the ship back on time.

Please help us if you have traveled on Princess and can recollect this information. Because currently with one company our return time is 3:30 Cozumel time. If we take into account the 1 hour time difference, then it would be 4:30 ship time and we would be cutting it short. But if the ship departs at 5 local time, then we would have plenty of time.

Thank you in advance and all the best!

On a recient Southern Caribbean cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess some of the islands were on something they called Atlantic Standard time, Something new again huh. We always used ship time, I beleive that was San Juan time which was one hour ahead on Florida.:eek:

On a recient Southern Caribbean cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess some of the islands were on something they called Atlantic Standard time, Something new again huh. We always used ship time, I beleive that was San Juan time which was one hour ahead on Florida.:eek:

So ship time was already programmed to be local time? And that is presumable the times that they are reporting in our confirmation as I previously mentioned?

So ship time was already programmed to be local time? And that is presumable the times that they are reporting in our confirmation as I previously mentioned?
Usually (it's always been the case on every Princess cruise I've ever been on), the ship's clock follows Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) for it's location. This is the international time standard used by mariners throughout the world. Local time in some parts of the world do not always follow GMT so there might be some ports where the time is different from ship's time, although that's rare. http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

The Princess Patter will give you 24-hours notice of any ship's time change and a card will be left on your pillow by your steward the night of the time change. The Patter will also have the disembarkation time as well as the time you are expected to be back on the ship (as opposed to back to the pier.) You should always plan at least 30 - 45 minutes before you are due back on the ship if it's docked, an hour and a half if the ship is tendering, in case you experience delays.

Archived