How is Celebrity with kids?

roe2ship

We are thinking about the Bermuda cruise on the Summit. How are the children's programs/activites specifically for an 8 year old? Can anyone offer any comparisons with Princess and Royal? I know Royal has the ice skating, flow rider, rock climbing wall but I am more interested in the programs themselves.......thanks

My girls have cruise on celebrity since they were 6 and 9. They are now 12 and 16 and still love it. The kids groups are not fantastic but can be fun, especially for an eight year old. They have treasure hunts on the ship, talent shows, group games, basketball, cookie decorating.... The down side is they can not take them swimming. in our case the kids would do the club in the AM, return and join us for lunch and we would take them swimming, etc. in the afternoons. Most evening they were anxious to return to the kids groups. Yes, there are no rock walls,ice rinks and other cool perks, but they are very happy cruisers. We have late dining often they would have room service in the cabin or with their kids group and then join us in the MDR for dessert and then join the kids or do shows with us. know this was rather long winded, this is what works for us. The biggest issue is their meeting friends from the onset. Otherwise the youger one could be clingy to me. Now they are older we are lucky to see them at all!

I know this was rather long winded, this is what has worked for us.

My girls have cruise on celebrity since they were 6 and 9. They are now 12 and 16 and still love it. The kids groups are not fantastic but can be fun, especially for an eight year old. They have treasure hunts on the ship, talent shows, group games, basketball, cookie decorating.... The down side is they can not take them swimming. in our case the kids would do the club in the AM, return and join us for lunch and we would take them swimming, etc. in the afternoons. Most evening they were anxious to return to the kids groups. Yes, there are no rock walls,ice rinks and other cool perks, but they are very happy cruisers. We have late dining often they would have room service in the cabin or with their kids group and then join us in the MDR for dessert and then join the kids or do shows with us. know this was rather long winded, this is what works for us. The biggest issue is their meeting friends from the onset. Otherwise the youger one could be clingy to me. Now they are older we are lucky to see them at all!

I know this was rather long winded, this is what has worked for us.

Thanks....are the pools the usual 5 feet? When they play basketball is it in their own area? One more thing, is there mini-golf? Thank you.

This same question is asked A LOT do a quick search and you will find many, many posts on it.
Yes I have done a search came up with just a few and really none that have any comparisons to Princess and Royal.

Archived